Kamikazes for Japan, what for Germany???

• How about Total Mobilization or whatever they called it in 1943-44?  Germany gets a free IC technology that can stack with the rolled IC tech once their collect income phase drops below 30 or something.  A desperation move that might perhaps buy it a few more turns of survival; and might possibly turn the tide of the war if Japan and Italy can rally in time.

For italy, I dunno, maybe “Surrender to UK” or something?  All of your troops that are attacked by UK forces or pro-allied forces (Greece) automatically surrender unless there are german units present as well?  :-D

• @Variable:

How about all defending artillery fire preemptively during an amphibious assault from any of the appropriate sea zones?

Something along the lines of coastal guns? I remember there was member of the WOTC forums that had discussed with me in great length about them.

Would the artillery hit the offloading units, or the naval units in the sea zones?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Admiral:

@Variable:

How about all defending artillery fire preemptively during an amphibious assault from any of the appropriate sea zones?

Something along the lines of coastal guns? I remember there was member of the WOTC forums that had discussed with me in great length about them.

Would the artillery hit the offloading units, or the naval units in the sea zones?

In keeping with established rules patterns, it should only be offloading units just before the land battle. Think of it as the defensive version of the BB/CC bombardment.

• For the Germans I think that U-boats should be an advantage in the early going of the game, until the allies develop sonar. Say they attack three or less, something simple like that.

• @maverick_76:

For the Germans I think that U-boats should be an advantage in the early going of the game, until the allies develop sonar. Say they attack three or less, something simple like that.

I think sonar should add to the attack of pieces while attacking subs.

• @Variable:

@Admiral:

@Variable:

In keeping with established rules patterns, it should only be offloading units just before the land battle. Think of it as the defensive version of the BB/CC bombardment.

Sounds good.

But, I’ve been thinking, since the Atlantic Wall was such a huge undertaking, that the German player should pay some type of fee. After paying that fee, some type of token can be placed on a territory, as proof of the Wall. and the ability of preemptive strike during amphibious assaults.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Admiral:

@Variable:

@Admiral:

@Variable:

Sounds good.

But, I’ve been thinking, since the Atlantic Wall was such a huge undertaking, that the German player should pay some type of fee. After paying that fee, some type of token can be placed on a territory, as proof of the Wall. and the ability of preemptive strike during amphibious assaults.

So you prefer it to be more like a tech than an NA. That works for tech. But for the NA, it would have to automatic and triggered by the occupation of Germany and France.

• I honestly prefer it to be an NA, but now that you mention, it wouldn’t that bad of a tech rule either. laughs

But, its not a bad start, I’m still just thinking of additions and other ‘essentials’ in my head.

• Customizer

Good idea for a mushroom cloud piece: Find a simple tree miniature with very little detail and paint it grey.

• @allworkandnoclay:

Good idea for a mushroom cloud piece: Find a simple tree miniature with very little detail and paint it grey.

I can’t believe you didn’t show us an example of one that you have done for yourself already.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m