Importance of Special Commandos and Spies during II.WW

• Did the Special Commandos/Spies/Agents played a big role during II.WW in your Opinion?

• People like the French Resistance
    • OSS
    • Canaris
    • SAS

and all other groups I haven’t mentioned or did they changed the outcome of II.WW only slightly…?
    Looking forward to your Answers…

-Truth?..what is Truth??..

• Imo, no, WW2 was all about production, tech, manpower and what allied powers you had.

• @Subotai:

Imo, no, WW2 was all about production, tech, manpower and what allied powers you had.

While manpower won WW2 special forces played an important role. The British commando raids on Norway played a major role in Germany’s decision to build up major forces in the region. When Germany surrendered in 1945, over 400,000 German service men were stationed in Norway!

• @ABWorsham:

@Subotai:

Imo, no, WW2 was all about production, tech, manpower and what allied powers you had.

While manpower won WW2 special forces played an important role. The British commando raids on Norway played a major role in Germany’s decision to build up major forces in the region. When Germany surrendered in 1945, over 400,000 German service men were stationed in Norway!

Germany should never invade us in the first place…  :-D

My point is that the “special forces” of WW2 did not play an overall important role, compared to what modern special forces can do during peace time, and against third world countries who does not have a modern army.

I would say, even if the British commandos was better than the average British soldier, I think it was the “hit and run” tactic which was very wisely used in Norway, as compared to a small number of soldiers who was better trained than the usual ones.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m