• This is a question more for Krieghund than anyone else. Let’s say I am UK and I want to hit Indochina in the first round. I have a cruiser in the India sea zone, but in order to use it for bombardment, I need at least one seaborne land unit to land in the territory. There is also a transport in the India sea zone. So if I wanted, would I be able to load one inf onto the trn and say he’s going across the Bay of Bengal, (thus allowing me to use the cruiser to bombard) while the other two inf are crossing overland? Because it says nowhere in the rulebook that if you CAN go overland, you HAVE to. So what is stopping me from saying my tranny is bringing one guy across the Bay of Bengal?

• @habs4life9:

This is a question more for Krieghund than anyone else. Let’s say I am UK and I want to hit Indochina in the first round. I have a cruiser in the India sea zone, but in order to use it for bombardment, I need at least one seaborne land unit to land in the territory. There is also a transport in the India sea zone. So if I wanted, would I be able to load one inf onto the trn and say he’s going across the Bay of Bengal, (thus allowing me to use the cruiser to bombard) while the other two inf are crossing overland? Because it says nowhere in the rulebook that if you CAN go overland, you HAVE to. So what is stopping me from saying my tranny is bringing one guy across the Bay of Bengal?

Nothing is stopping you, go for it.

• All right then, so the UK1 Indochina attack is not as risky as I thought. But I’ve just realized this also means that the Germans can shuck from Norway across the Gulf of Finland to Karelia just for bombardment purposes, which I think is a little cheap. Then again, this would require a Baltic naval build, a very risky strategy anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m