• How much did you sell anniversary for?

• TripleA '12

I’m happy for all you guys who got the extra pieces and corrected battle strip. It’s encouraging to see WOTC do this so soon. However, I will still reserve my purchase of AAP40 until a corrected reprint is released, if this ever comes to pass.

• @Mino1124:

How much did you sell anniversary for?

$250.00 with the full set of FMG combat dice.

• Well I received my battle strip and six Jap bombers……good thing they had already sent me six before. It was sent in an envelope and half the tac bombers are twisted and mangled.

Go figure. I hope everyone else who receives the extras gets them in better shape. Although I am just going to give the second set of six to a buddy.

• My battle strip came in looking pretty mangled. But my 6 Tac bombers came in perfect. I guess I should just be happy about that since everyone seems to have gotten at least 1 broken bomber.

Sorry to hear about that, guys.

• None of my bombers were broken just little white spots where they look like they wanted to bend. My battlestrip had some dents from wings but nothing too serious.

• The white spots are where the bottom of the plane dug into the battlestrip and nearly broke off where the landing gear is. That seems to be why my battlestrip has all sorts of little holes in it from the pressure of the plane ( and something really heavy on top before shipping) causing damage to the bend up strips.

• I received my “envelope” today with a pitted and mangled looking battle strip and Japanese tactical bombers that have white stress marks all over them. Pathetic. Would it really have cost that much more to ship in a padded envelope? This is ridiculous. Anyone want to buy a 1 time used AAP40? Will sell cheap.

• Must be Cal Moore’s brother doing this.

• If this is the kind of “service” that we are going to get from WotC then I am not going to be buying any more AA games. In fact, the whole situation with this game has contributed to me selling my AA games. I had all of them and have sold 2nd edition, D-Day, Guadalcanal, and AA50. Still have Pacific, Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Revised and AAP40 for sale. I am done with WotC. Will take any reasonable offer for the listed AA games.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@skinny1:

If this is the kind of “service” that we are going to get from WotC then I am not going to be buying any more AA games. In fact, the whole situation with this game has contributed to me selling my AA games. I had all of them and have sold 2nd edition, D-Day, Guadalcanal, and AA50. Still have Pacific, Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Revised and AAP40 for sale. I am done with WotC. Will take any reasonable offer for the listed AA games.

Yea think you said that.

I got mine today and am just glad I got the extra six for my game.  As to shipping them I looked at the price and it was $1.50 to ship my pieces and battle strip.  A padded envelope might of cost an $0.10 to $0.50. While yes they did make a mistake but it wouldn’t do for us for them to have Axis and Allies a losing project for positive income.  While you skinny1 might be leaving them I still want great games to come out.  I love Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 and am really looking forward to the Europe version.

No a huge fan of the individual battle games they made but have a feeling this combined global game will be great.

We are lucky they did anything for us really.

I’ll buy your Pacific for $20.00 skinny1.

Sean

• @thenorthman:

@skinny1:

If this is the kind of “service” that we are going to get from WotC then I am not going to be buying any more AA games. In fact, the whole situation with this game has contributed to me selling my AA games. I had all of them and have sold 2nd edition, D-Day, Guadalcanal, and AA50. Still have Pacific, Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Revised and AAP40 for sale. I am done with WotC. Will take any reasonable offer for the listed AA games.

Yea think you said that.

I got mine today and am just glad I got the extra six for my game.  As to shipping them I looked at the price and it was $1.50 to ship my pieces and battle strip.  A padded envelope might of cost an $0.10 to $0.50. While yes they did make a mistake but it wouldn’t do for us for them to have Axis and Allies a losing project for positive income.  While you skinny1 might be leaving them I still want great games to come out.  I love Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 and am really looking forward to the Europe version.

No a huge fan of the individual battle games they made but have a feeling this combined global game will be great.

We are lucky they did anything for us really.

I’ll buy your Pacific for $20.00 skinny1.

Sean

I understand what you are saying. There are other reasons that I am selling my AA games but this just pushed me into the final decision. I have also been playing more tactical games like Conflict of Heroes, Valor and Victory and I just ordered ASLSK1. I don’t really have the time for the long games of AA and starting this weekend I won’t have the room. I still have AA42 and plan on keeping that and playing it occasionally.

Skinny thought it was the 1940 version.  So sorry.

I also have been playing WW2: Struggle for Europe and Asia which I like but that one takes all day. Although we did finish one in 6 hours once.

Of course Germany didn’t take France until 41’ in that game and it was over rather quickly even though we kept playing.

Sean

• @thenorthman:

Skinny thought it was the 1940 version.  So sorry.
    I also have been playing WW2: Struggle for Europe and Asia which I like but that one takes all day. Although we did finish one in 6 hours once.
    Of course Germany didn’t take France until 41’ in that game and it was over rather quickly even though we kept playing.
    Sean

How do you like WWII Struggle?

I do like it. (Noticed you or somebody with the same screen name is on the forums over their as well now.)

While it can take all day it is fun.  I like the planning for production and amphibious assaults in terms of the money it takes.  If you spend all your money you can not do amphibious assaults.  Then the production aspect of possibly stalling a production of an item. For example a carrier takes four turns to be fully funded in production before it comes out. Kind of like a real world production in terms of it coming out. You do not decide for a carrier to come out the next six months but rather can take two to three years.

Think the Midway class CV was started in 42’ and didn’t come out until 44?  Perhaps wrong but it was along those lines.  SO yes I really like that aspect of it. Of course perhaps the reason I will be graduating in May with a B.A.A. in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management.  :mrgreen:

Of course I do not like it with the potential 7 players. (Some of it might just be I do not like one of the players that play with my group if we do have that many.)  :evil:

But yes I really enjoy it.  Just hope that if I get the job I am looking at when I graduate and move from Alaska to WV I’ll be able to find a group that will play it. I do have a table that it can be stored in that gets covered up. (Plug for Geek Chic gaming tables.)

Sean

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m