Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• there is Britian too

• @idk_iam_swiss:

there is Britian too

Oh yeah, my bad. ANZAC or UK, they all look alike to me.

• they did use the same molds…

• stay on topic. Stop with these useless posts about nothing. geez

• @idk_iam_swiss:

they did use the same molds…

I guess he’ll have to paint the Union Jack on the pieces so that you can tell them apart.

• I’m actually rather curious to see UK next, just because I’d like to see how our glorious painter makes them distinct from the ANZAC forces.  Though I doubt anyone here would complain if US comes next, because these paint jobs are INCREDIBLE.

Makes me wish I had the time, patience, and fine motor skills to paint my own A&A pieces.  But no, all I’ve got is pieces envy.  :-P

• Customizer

@Brain:

@idk_iam_swiss:

they did use the same molds…

I guess he’ll have to paint the Union Jack on the pieces so that you can tell them apart.

BD - it’s not a Union 'J unless its at the prow of a ship, the pole is wooden.
        :wink:

Fantastic paint jobs… still waiting for the rest…

• @Viracocha:

I tried to figure out what you meant but all I found was information supporting my statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag

• Customizer

@Brain:

@Viracocha:

I tried to figure out what you meant but all I found was information supporting my statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag

Just josh’in, but yeah, it’s not termed a union Jack by British mariners unless (above) - just a tidbit of relatively useless knowledge. Wiki not including it doesn’t surprise me, could only know if - yadda yadda.

By the way Allworkandnoclay - threw out a link of some of those painted minis I was talking to you about.

• @Viracocha:

By the way Allworkandnoclay - threw out a link of some of those painted minis I was talking to you about.

I must have forgotten, which minis were those and what is the link?

By the way, I saw your painted minis in the AA50 forum and your pieces are fantastic.

• Customizer

@Brain:

@Viracocha:

I must have forgotten, which minis were those and what is the link?

By the way, I saw your painted minis in the AA50 forum and your pieces are fantastic.

Forgotten?  I only knew by accident because I floated down the Thames, eh eh eh.  Good stuff.
    Allworknoclay - couldn’t post my pics directly here as you suggested in or convo., link here:

http://s889.photobucket.com/home/Viracocha_bucket/index

Have more pics if interested…

• @Viracocha:

Have more pics if interested…

Of course I am interested, Give me all you’ve got.

• Dude your tanks looks badass. The detail is amazing. Keep it up!

• @fuglunkx:

Dude your tanks looks badass. The detail is amazing. Keep it up!

Yeah, no kiddin’!, I cant believe the detail. Hey Viracocha, did you make your own decals for the lettering.

• Customizer

THanks guys! Oops - I don’t have a painted 1940, -

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17651.0

Hey Allworkandnoclay!  Where’s the rest! C’mon man… those minis aren’t going to paint themselves! eheheh Sweeet halfs and stands btw…

• Customizer

Sorry guys - I’ve got two A&A projects going simultaneously and I’m trying to put equal effort into both… That and I’m at least trying to pretend I have a life outside all this.

Flat Brown Camo (Early War, Army)

Flat Green Camo (Late War, Navy)

Flat Blue Camo (Ocean Camo)

Blotched Camo (Tropical, Palm Tree)

Striped Camo (Mainland China)

Reticulated Camo (Late War, Tropical)

Extra Fighters
    Flat Grey (Early War, Navy)
    Flat White (Japan Mainland)
    Bare Metal (Late War, due to lack of materials)

Japanese Fighters

Japanese Tactical Bombers

Japanese Strategic Bombers

Imperial Japanese Air Force

Japanese Progress

• Absolutely brilliant. how long did that take?

• Customizer

@idk_iam_swiss:

Absolutely brilliant. how long did that take?

Please don’t ask heh.  :|

@Viracocha:

THanks guys! Oops - I don’t have a painted 1940, -

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17651.0

Hey Allworkandnoclay!  Where’s the rest! C’mon man… those minis aren’t going to paint themselves! eheheh Sweeet halfs and stands btw…

Fantastic paint job, V! It doesn’t take much to update a painted A&A50 set to 1940 - just China, ANZAC, France (we assume), mech inf, and tact bombers (maybe a naval vessel as well? I forget). What did you seal your pieces with? Also are those decals or hand painted lettering?

Coming up next: Japanese Navy, Six more Japanese Mech Inf, and the Six Chinese Artillery I forgot to do.

• I love all the air force camos but I think that would be hard to keep track of on the board
    by the way what is your other project

• Customizer

Wow… the camo jobs on the zeros are fantastic! Whew… I love that you got that historical accuracy.  Truly amazing work.

As to updating my 50… I was planning to let it be, I like the way it’s a tribute to A&A (with units from different games inspired by A&A kinda thing).  I look at the '40’s editions as more like uhh… ‘historical’?  I think you captured it really well.

I use a clear coat varnish - middle level I guess, ones used for most models.  Not the high gloss level though, too shiny (though over the A-bomb and the mushroom cloud it worked out). I tried a Dull Coat once… too dull, and it has a tendency to puddle colours. I don’t have any extras right now or I’d give you a name… I go through 'em quick. I’ll post you when I get another but it might be a brand particular to the country.

Again, fantastic Japanese aircraft.
    Later ADD:
    Oh - you asked about the lettering. A lot of my letterings are transfers for the most part (except the Japanese writing on the carriers), you can get sheets of the alphabet and numbers. Despite there being some great transfers out there… no matter the quality - the smaller the decal the harder it is to get it in the right spot - if it doesn’t crumble or wrap up on you.  I spent nearly an equal part painting in letters as sticking them on, like half word would tear etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m