Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@cminke:

WHAT ABOUT CANADA??? :cry:

Canada gets British troops

Just like ANZAC

• Customizer

• hahahahahaha! really?  ha! for real, will you paint a set for them then see where they kick as?

• Customizer

@cminke:

hahahahahaha! really?   ha! for real, will you paint a set for them then see where they kick as?

At most, I’ll do the same as I’m doing for the Union Jack UK and neutrals… Maybe 5-10 infantry. Nunca mas.

• maby a tank for the open setup?

• @cminke:

maby a tank for the open setup?

Ah, if only I had a camera high-res enough to do them justice, I’d show you guys my Canadians.
    I painted 2 infantry and a tank for the initial setup, and I think that’ll be good for the sake of simplicity.  The maple leaf is no harder than the ANZAC crown.
    Just a British infantry with the Canadian roundel at the base, the tank is just a British tank in camo with the Canadian roundel on the back.
    I also did a Yugoslav infantry (russian mold, painted differently with the red, white, and blue roundel at the base) and a Greek infantry (british mold with a grey uniform and a blue base with a white cross ala War At Sea Greek roundel).
    I think I’ll do an Iraqi infantry next after I finish my UK units.

• @robbie358:

@cminke:

Ah, if only I had a camera high-res enough to do them justice, I’d show you guys my Canadians.
    I painted 2 infantry and a tank for the initial setup, and I think that’ll be good for the sake of simplicity.  The maple leaf is no harder than the ANZAC crown.
    Just a British infantry with the Canadian roundel at the base, the tank is just a British tank in camo with the Canadian roundel on the back.
    I also did a Yugoslav infantry (russian mold, painted differently with the red, white, and blue roundel at the base) and a Greek infantry (british mold with a grey uniform and a blue base with a white cross ala War At Sea Greek roundel).

You need some finnish units to.

• Customizer

I’m not going to do any more nation specific units. Sorry guys - this project is already insane enough as it is, and I want to move on to some other things (like the custom cabinet box I’m going to make to store them).

Tell me what you guys think of this… I altered a Japanese mold tank for the Italian tanks… I’m not quite sold on it yet… If nothing else, I may just make a mold of the A&A:50th Italian tank and cast them.

Japanese Mold (front) and my altered version

Altered Tank vs A&A:50th Mold

Front & Back

• Customizer

@robbie358:

@cminke:

The ANZAC crown was the bane of my existence for four hours…

• is it just me or is the barrel on the Italian tank huge

• I don’t think anything that is 4mm should be considered huge  :lol:

• If you ask me, I think you did a pretty darn good job on that modification to make a Japanese tank into an Italian tank!  Maybe just trim the barrel back a tiny little bit and once you’ve painted them I don’t think it’ll even be readily noticable that it was modded!

• i ment the thickness

• Boy you are setting up jokes left and right aren’t you?  :-D

• Customizer

It’s not the size of the barrel that matters, it’s the accuracy and rate of fire.

• @maverick_76:

Boy you are setting up jokes left and right aren’t you?  :-D

I held back Maverick….  :lol:

• Customizer

A few notes on the Italian Infantry:

They are the poorest quality of all the A&A infantry molds I’ve worked with. I’ve had to patch the right shoulder and butt of almost every soldier, as well as having a nightmare with a huge mold mark on the left side of the face. Lots and lots of extra scraping… Despite, they’re about 60% finished (still have to paint the bases, guns, and leather belts/satchels.

On a different note, as a side project, I just finished painting my ‘Fury of Dracula’ board game miniatures. If anyone is interested, you can check them out at Board Game Geek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/20963/fury-of-dracula.

• So you would consider the AA50 Italian units to be the definitive Italian molds in the game then?  Just curious.

• Customizer

@robbie358:

So you would consider the AA50 Italian units to be the definitive Italian molds in the game then?  Just curious.

Well they’re the same sculpt… I suppose it’s just that they are either the hardest molds to fill or something like that. I assume the A&A50 infantry had the same issues.

• @allworkandnoclay:

A few notes on the Italian Infantry:

They are the poorest quality of all the A&A infantry molds I’ve worked with. I’ve had to patch the right shoulder and butt of almost every soldier, as well as having a nightmare with a huge mold mark on the left side of the face. Lots and lots of extra scraping… Despite, they’re about 60% finished (still have to paint the bases, guns, and leather belts/satchels.

On a different note, as a side project, I just finished painting my ‘Fury of Dracula’ board game miniatures. If anyone is interested, you can check them out at Board Game Geek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/20963/fury-of-dracula.

Wow man, those are impressive, very good work! I like the cobblestone on the bases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m