Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Customizer

Excellent - look forward to seeing the pics!

• Customizer

Viracocha and others,

I’m (hopefully) going to post a “link” for you to use to get to the “Solomons game” thread.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24848.0

I hope I did this correctly and it works for you.  I’m also looking forward to my painted units,…especially the Marine Raiders.

“Tall Paul”

• This thread has inspired me to break out the paints…

I’m almost finished France. Is this an appropriate thread to post to or should I create a new one to show some photos?

• Customizer

UK Union Jack Infantry (in Far East garb)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Amazing!

• '16 Customizer

What exactly is the difference of the Union Jack infantry as opposed to your regular British roundel troops… I know both insignia are acceptable, but do you use it for differentiating between Europe and Pacific?

Beautiful work by the way… an oasis in a desert…you haven’t been on in a while!  :-)

• Superb!

Do you think the Mods should create a category for us to post painted minatures in one place? Anyhow here is my first stab at A&A pieces. I started with France because no-one ever shows France and since I only own one set and we are playing right now French pieces aren’t being missed on the board :-D

I’m trying to attach a couple of photos. We’ll see how that goes. I’m not allowed to post links yet

IMG-20111116-00005.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00243.jpg

• Here are desert scheme armour and mechs and artillery…

IMG-20111110-00266.jpg
    IMG-20111110-00265.jpg

• More armour - desert and regular scheme…

IMG-20111110-00264.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00251.jpg

• Regular scheme armour, French Navy and a Carrier with Regular scheme airforce and then another with Desert Scheme…

I’ll upload some more of the rest of the Navy and Airforce Later

IMG-20111109-00244.jpg
    IMG-20111109-00246.jpg

• Customizer

Spitfire38 and Others,

Since you asked WHY they were painted I can answer that.  The reason I had Chad paint these UK-Pacific based(Calcutta) Infantry for me is simple.

Since the UK-Europe(London) and UK-Pacific(Calcutta) units are FINANCIALLY separated,…
    I also wanted them to LOOK different.  I call these UK-Pacific Infantry units “Jacks” because of the “Union Jacks” painted on their bases.  I think that these “Jacks” not only serve their purpose,…but they look really COOL, too.  Chad is an Awesome painter and did a magnificent job on these.  It seems to be “Tea Time” in Calcutta!!! haha.

Stay tuned for the up-coming US Marine Raiders, US Marines and several other cool units that Chad’s painting for me.  I’ll post some pics of these and other units he’s painting on our Solomons Campaign thread.  Here’s a link:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24848.15

By the way,…I REALLY liked everyones pics of their painted units.  Really nice work guys.  Keep up the good work!

“Tall Paul”

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Nice work…… :-)

• Customizer

Bump for coolness.

Can we please also get this moved and possibly stickied in Customizations for all of those who are interested in painting and modding?

• today i managed to read through this year long forum thread and I have to ask what happened after November 17th 2011?.. did everybody in this forum mysteriously dissapear? or was it just discontinued? or was it moved to another forum thread or something?.. somebody please let me know because I was really excited to see Allworks whole board with his miniatures (they are awesome!)

• Customizer

@BluGerman:

today i managed to read through this year long forum thread and I have to ask what happened after November 17th 2011?.. did everybody in this forum mysteriously dissapear? or was it just discontinued? or was it moved to another forum thread or something?.. somebody please let me know because I was really excited to see Allworks whole board with his miniatures (they are awesome!)

Not exactly sure Blu. I was hoping a moderator would move and sticky this. Allworkandnoclay has some good tips and his work should be up where people can see and find it easily. There’s a good amount of us who paint and modify our sculpts and it would be cool for this thread to have a visible spot on the boards.

Allworkandnoclay was selling these and does paint work. I think Tall Paul bought a lot of his minis from him. If you’re enjoying seeing this kind of work you should visit the Customizations Board. There’s a lot of great stuff there.

• Customizer

Thanks to whom ever moved this.

• '14 '13

These are incredible. Lots of great ideas. Once I am done with my Victory City light project, I have to get focused on those pieces again.

• Customizer

jluna,

@jluna1273:

These are incredible. Lots of great ideas. Once I am done with my Victory City light project, I have to get focused on those pieces again.

––Since you obviously enjoy “Allworkandnoclay’s” work let me give you a link to my ‘main’ thread where you can see all of his as well as other’s work. Chad, “Allwork”, has painted all of my infantry units and factories so far. His idea of painting the bases with their national insignia was truly inspired,…and he has the talent to do it right. My ‘main’ thread has links to all of the painted units from all different nations. Check 'em out,…I hope you enjoy them.  :-D

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29550.0

“Tall Paul”

• '16 Customizer

@BluGerman:

today i managed to read through this year long forum thread and I have to ask what happened after November 17th 2011?.. did everybody in this forum mysteriously dissapear? or was it just discontinued? or was it moved to another forum thread or something?.. somebody please let me know because I was really excited to see Allworks whole board with his miniatures (they are awesome!)

In answer to your question- I don’t really know.  :? Allworkandnoclay is an artist who does all sorts of other work for money, not just Axis and Allies. I presume that he moved on to other work, as his Flickr account shows him doing some sculpting and what not. To be honest though, he stopped posting pics, people stopped commenting, and it sort of fell of the face of the earth. There’s some stuff on TallPaul’s page, and there are plenty of other artists with some awesome stuff if you need your daily fix of painted minis!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m