• '19

I was looking through the dutch topics and was unable to come up with a satisfactory answer.  There might be one but I didnt see it.

Situation - everyone is at war, dutch territories have not been claimed by any power (still dutch).  Can the US land a plane in them?  I understand the situation with UK/Anzac which could land a plane there whether they are at war or not.  But once the US is no longer neutral and they are allied with the UK/Anzac can they land in the territories (not to take control of them but just to land).

If you have an answer it would be helpful if you could reference something to prove your answer as opposed to just giving your opinion of the answer.  :-)

Thanks.

• I believe they can.  The errata states: “In addition to these restrictions, when not at war the United States may not attack neutral territories.  It also may not move units into territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases.  This includes Dutch territories.”  So I’m assuming that if the US is at war, then they can move units into allied territory which includes any Dutch territory.  However, if the US lands aircraft there, they would not gain any IPC’s.  The errata states: " Once a Dutch territory has been captured by Japan, however, it may be captured and controlled by any power."  So in order for the US to take control of Dutch territory, it must have previously been captured by Japan.  This doesn’t apply to UK or ANZAC.  They have a special arrangement with the Dutch.  See the errata for more details.  I hope this helps and if I’m wrong, then hopefully someone corrects me.

• (page 19)
    Air Units can land in any territory that was friendly at the start of your turn.

(page 8 )
    Territories are:
    Friendly
    Hostile
    or Neutral

Hostile territories are controlled by an enemy power
    Neutral territories aren’t controlled by any power and have a white border

If the Japanese have not captured the Dutch territory, it would be considered friendly to the US.

• '19

Yeah, thats what I would think as well but these dutch territories seem to have all kinds of funny restrictions.  Early on there was alot of conversation about landing planes there before they were controlled but I was pretty sure most of that had more to do with before the powers were at war and when in their semi-neutral state.

• i think in order to land a plane into a dutch territory you have to controll it from the beginning of the turn.

that’s why dutch territory income it’s free and it’s not under controll of any allied nation in order to land a plane into a dutch territory you have to land a land unit than controll it and on the next turn you can land plane.

Only if you controll the dutch territory you collect the income and  you can land airforce in it.
    The friendship between allies and dutch only result in a non state of war if the british forces take controll of the dutch territores, instead if japan take controll of dutch territories there is an immediate state of war.

this is my interpretation let’s wait krieghund

• Official Q&A

The UK and ANZAC are free to move any units into Dutch territories still under Dutch control at any time, but they may only take control of them with land units.  The US is free to move any units into Dutch territories still under Dutch control only if it is at war, and it may never take control of them.  Any power may attack Japanese-controlled Dutch territories and take control of them, as long as that power is at war with Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m