• wrong forum; meant to post this in revised

We played our weekly saturday axis and allies game today and it had some interesting results.  It was a game with a lot of experimental moves, some of which worked much better than others.

I know that people on this forum do not exactly agree about the G1 AC purchase, but I tried it out for fun.  My friends tried to persuade me to buy 1AC & 1BB but I declined.  My japanese ally tried placing an IC in borneo and threatening the indian ocean etc (Australia, India, Africa), but the US and UK forces managed to distract him from doing anything effective with it.  Not a strategy that we will repeat.

However, I have to say that I was impressed by the usefulness of the G1 AC purchase.   An aircraft carrier on its own isn’t fantastic, but the fact that you can place two fighters on the AC helps a lot.  I bombed Britain on the first turn with my bomber, just to slow Britain down a bit more, then focussed on Russia as much as possible.  However, I had also wasted money on a bomber on G1 (1AC, 1 Bom, 3 inf) so Russia made some very fast progress on the Eastern front.

Next game, I will not buy a bomber on G1, but I will buy an AC and maybe a transport.  I love it.  The fighters are excellent defenders, and they can also threaten the UK if they try to invade norway or karelia / archangel.

• @macphearsome:

wrong forum; meant to post this in revised

We played our weekly saturday axis and allies game today and it had some interesting results.  It was a game with a lot of experimental moves, some of which worked much better than others.

I know that people on this forum do not exactly agree about the G1 AC purchase, but I tried it out for fun.  My friends tried to persuade me to buy 1AC & 1BB but I declined.  My japanese ally tried placing an IC in borneo and threatening the indian ocean etc (Australia, India, Africa), but the US and UK forces managed to distract him from doing anything effective with it.  Not a strategy that we will repeat.

However, I have to say that I was impressed by the usefulness of the G1 AC purchase.   An aircraft carrier on its own isn’t fantastic, but the fact that you can place two fighters on the AC helps a lot.  I bombed Britain on the first turn with my bomber, just to slow Britain down a bit more, then focussed on Russia as much as possible.  However, I had also wasted money on a bomber on G1 (1AC, 1 Bom, 3 inf) so Russia made some very fast progress on the Eastern front.

Next game, I will not buy a bomber on G1, but I will buy an AC and maybe a transport.  I love it.  The fighters are excellent defenders, and they can also threaten the UK if they try to invade norway or karelia / archangel.

i personally like this move but many players on the forum will disagree.
    against an expert player you can buy Baltic AC but u need to know how to play with that navy

and kudos for you
    just keep trying new solutions and enjoying the game
    thats whats game all about

cheers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m