• 1 Is it broken if japan atacks any non us at sea
    2 or at land
    3 or anywere in china with non us in
    4 or dutch teretorys

• Your question is a little unclear.  However, I believe i have the answer you are looking for.

If Japan attacks the US, the UK or ANZAC without the UK or ANZAC player attacking first, the US goes to war with Japan.  If Japan occupies any Dutch territory the US goes to war with Japan, except for one situation.  If the UK or ANZAC occupy a Dutch territory, and then attack Japan, Japan is allowed to take that Dutch territory from the Allies without bringing the US into the war.  If the Japanese do not attack the US before the beginning of the third US turn, the US go to war with Japan at the beginning of their third collect income phase, and begin collecting the additional 40 IPCs.

I hope this helps.

I recommend you read the FAQ thread at the top of this section also.  Good luck.

• Official Q&A

@dinosaur:

If the UK or ANZAC occupy a Dutch territory, and then attack Japan, Japan is allowed to take that Dutch territory from the Allies without bringing the US into the war.

If UK/ANZAC declares war on Japan first, Japan can take any Dutch territory without provoking the US.

• Krieg,

Even an unoccupied Dutch Territory?

• @dinosaur:

Krieg,

Even an unoccupied Dutch Territory?

This could be better clarified in the FAQ with another sentence.

But anyways

What brings each power into the war is described in their section. There is nothing in the US section that says the US is allowed to declare war on Japan, just because Japan attacks a Dutch territory, so they can’t. However, in order to attack a Dutch territory Japan must be at war with the UK/ANZAC. If Japan was the one who declared first, the US can declare war anyway, attacking the Dutch doesn’t matter. If the UK/ANZAC declare first, the state of war that allows Japan to attack the Dutch exists, but none of the things which allow the US to declare war have occurred, so they aren’t brought into the war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m