• Has anyone played the free print and play game Valor and Victory? You can see it at Board Game Geek.

• @Brain:

Is this it?

http://www.valorandvictory.com

Yes.

• @skinny1:

@Brain:

Is this it?

Yes.

Have you played it? It has a high rating at Board Game Geek

• @Brain:

@skinny1:

@Brain:

Is this it?

Yes.

Have you played it? It has a high rating at Board Game Geek

I just got everything printed and cut. Reading through the rules now. Hopefully will be able to play a game in a couple of days.

• Give us an after action report, Please. :-D

• @Brain:

Give us an after action report, Please. :-D

I played 2 turns of a 5 turn game. The scenario was Messenger Ambush. I only played 2 of 5 turns due to it was a long stressful day and I started playing really late. The game flows really well and is fast paced. Like Axis and Allies you need to roll low numbers on the dice. The lower the numbers the higher the casualty points inflicted on the enemy. I liked what I played so far and look forward to playing all 5 turns and all of the other scenarios that are on Board Game Geek.  I think it is worth printing everything out and the time that it takes to mount and cut the counters.

• I played the full scenario and I have to say it was action packed. No down time between sides due to opportunity fire and defensive fire. Close assaults are risky because the attacker could end up losing men just like the defender. Squads and half squads have 4 movement points and if they begin and end their move with a leader they have 6 movement points. There is smoke, air attacks, light and heavy barrage, assault moves, tanks, 1/2 tracks, jeeps, etc. just like anything that ASL would have but to my understanding the rules are a lot less complicated. The game is still being developed to add more maps and the developer is adding Japanese units and US Marine Corp units. So far I really enjoy it and am liking the hex and counters games quite a bit. So much so that I can not see myself playing Axis and Allies games very much any more. I like Conflict of Heroes as well and CoH has seen more table time lately than any Axis and Allies games. If I can sell all of my Axis and Allies games except 1942 I would not regret it. Squad level based tactical games are more enjoyable to me than long, drawn out strategy games.

• Have you tried Tide of Iron?

• @Brain:

Have you tried Tide of Iron?

No, I have not. I have seen it at the local game shop along with the expansions and designer series book but the price is too much for a game that I have no experience with. That is what is holding me back from getting into ASL. The rule book alone is $80 and the first module is $100+ just to play a game. I have thought about the ASL Starter Kits but I think that I am going to play Valor and Victory for a while then maybe I will try the ASL Starter Kits.
    Have you played Tide of Iron?

• I bought Tide of Iron but have not had a chance to play it. Currently it is in storage.

• I ordered ASLSK1 last night. Can’t wait to give it a try.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m