Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Minis question

• Customizer

I moved and don’t have access to my AAEurope or D-Day…  Is there a difference between the US fighter minis in those from the mini in AAA50th? I didn’t think there was, but I read on a post somewhere here that it’s a Hellcat in the former, as opposed to the Corsairs that came with AAA50th…

Thanks in advance…

• Official Answers

It’s an F-4 Hellcat in AA50 and a P-38 Lightning in the other two.

• Customizer

Really?  Kinda thought it was suppose to be a Corsair - thought as much because of all the Corsairs on the box and in the rule book… wrongly assumed I guess (errr…or am I totally baffled and those are Hellcats on the box?!).  I just perused some pics… Europe Kreig, it is the P-38, yes.  But uhhh… the pics of D-Day I’m finding don’t look like P-38’s… Is there a difference between the AAA50th US fighters and D-Day US fighters?

• Official Answers

The fighters in the AA50 box art are Corsairs, but the pieces are Hellcats.  My copy of D-Day has P-38s, but it’s always possible that later print runs could have different pieces.

• Customizer

Ah - the BGG photos of the D-Day fighters are one props, I think they’re the same as the AAA50th.  Damns… eh eh eh - I painted all my US minis from AAA50th as Corsairs.  I didn’t think it was that much of a stretch - considering that the sculpt isn’t the greatest…

Much obliged Wardog!

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m