• Customizer

when do we get our online rulebook?

• Official Q&A

My understanding is that AH will update the website with AAP40 and AA42 information at the same time, so it should be soon.

• I just uploaded a scan:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvoydozzmzg/AXA1942.pdf

if you want a prettier one you’ll have to wait ;)

• thanks
    I was keen on seeing the rewritten rulebook

• Customizer

@Yoper:

@tekkyy:

thanks
    I was keen on seeing the rewritten rulebook

What rewritten rulebook?

If you think that WotC is going to rewrite the AA42 rulebook with the FAQ information, then I think that your going to get a rude surprise. :?

Krieghund is just talking about them posting the rulebook as it is now written.  No new version is coming.

If I missed something along the way, then fine, I am sorry.  But I didn’t get the impression that they were going back and rewriting the rulebook.  It would be nice if they did, but they haven’t shown any kind of precedence up to this point for such a move.

Yeah… I don’t think we’re getting any new (edited) rulebooks - would nice if they did though.  I like it when all the info I need is in one bound and nice looking manual…

• Customizer

Well… I imagine it has a lot to do with cost as well. My impression is that he’d be the sort to want another manual out, but it’s more folks on that decision than him.  Bummer though… I started making my own manual, but I might give up on it, just doesn’t have the cool artwork or sharpness (and I lack the time…)

• hehe I was thanking Johnny for the scans

people say 1942 was rewritten and better than Revised
    (but I have a big print out and multiple copies of Revised and couldn’t justify buying 1942 so I have yet to read the rulebook)

• Customizer

As a download sounds nice…  :-)

• The link to the FAQ is dead.

• Official Q&A

Somehow it got deleted.  It was added again yesterday here.

• '22 '19 '18

I have played all the varients of axis and allies and I want to make sure I understand the transport rules in this version.  A transport can carry any of the following combinations.
    1 tank by itself
    1 artillery by itself
    1 inf by itself
    1 AA gun by itself
    2 inf
    1 inf and 1 art
    1 inf and 1 tank
    1 AA gun and 1 inf

Is that correct?

Thanks in advance Krieg

• Official Q&A

That’s correct.

• '22 '19 '18

I have another rules question that I am just not clear on.  Lets say Japan attacks
    pearl with 1 sub, 1 crusier, 3 ftr and usa has 1 sub, 1 AC, 1 ftr.  If neither sub submerges then they both get a surprise strike.  How does it work if they both hit?  Do they fire simultaneously or does the attacker sub fire first?  If the attacker sub fires first and hits and US chooses to lose AC, then defender sub fires and hits can the Japs take the sub even though it has already fired (thereby defeating the advantage of the sneak attack) or do they have to lose the cruiser?  If the US chooses to lose the sub, does the US sub not get to use its surprise attack?

Please clarify.

Thanks Krieg

• @cond1024:

I have another rules question that I am just not clear on.  Lets say Japan attacks
    pearl with 1 sub, 1 crusier, 3 ftr and usa has 1 sub, 1 AC, 1 ftr.  If neither sub submerges then they both get a surprise strike.  How does it work if they both hit?  Do they fire simultaneously or does the attacker sub fire first?  If the attacker sub fires first and hits and US chooses to lose AC, then defender sub fires and hits can the Japs take the sub even though it has already fired (thereby defeating the advantage of the sneak attack) or do they have to lose the cruiser?  If the US chooses to lose the sub, does the US sub not get to use its surprise attack?

Please clarify.

Thanks Krieg

both subs fire simultaneously

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

Please clarify.

Thanks Krieg

Since both subs get Surprise Strikes, their fire is simultaneous, and the defending sub will fire even if it is hit.  Subs that make Surprise Strikes are valid casualty choices for any hit that could normally be taken on a sub.

• '22 '19 '18

Can I non-com move an AA in the same round I capture it?

• Official Q&A

No.

• '22 '19 '18

Can I move them into newly captured territories during my non-com phase?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• on G1, does placing any German (non-submerged) subs in SZ3 (Norway) block the lone UK transport in SZ1 (Hudson’s Bay) from performing an amphibious landing on UK1 into Norway?  in other words, can a sub that is not submerged ever block a lone transport from passing through its sea zone?  i’m guessing you can’t, but it is a strange rule because an unescourted transport during WWII would be defenseless and was the whole point of having conveys with destroyers.

i know the German destroyer would stop the lone transport from landing in Norway with or without subs.

also, a lone sub can attack another sub, if both subs don’t submerge, but i don’t recall two submarines ever attacking each during the course of the war.  another strange rule.

thanks for your insight.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m