• Can China place newly purchased units in a territory it captured this turn?
    Can new Chinese artillery units be placed anywhere or are they limited to territories containing the Burma Road? (Yunnan and Szechwan)

• Krieghund has asked me to sub in for him while he’s gone this week.

@123jimbly:

Can China place newly purchased units in a territory it captured this turn?Yes.

Can new Chinese artillery units be placed anywhere or are they limited to territories containing the Burma Road? (Yunnan and Szechwan)

Any territory controlled by China at the end of the turn - same as infantry.

• '10

@gamerman01:

Krieghund has asked me to sub in for him while he’s gone this week.

Those are some big shoes to fill. I know you’ll be up to the task. :-)

• @Battling:

@gamerman01:

Krieghund has asked me to sub in for him while he’s gone this week.

Those are some big shoes to fill. I know you’ll be up to the task. :-)

Thank you.  :-)  I’ve been a FAQ junkie for long enough that I do know the answer to most questions (not all, like Krieg, of course).  Very big shoes, yes.

• Hi there,

Newbie to AA so this will be a dumb question (and probably a poorly worded one also.)

If I move naval craft into a postion to bombard a territory and there are enemy vessels in the same SZ, is the battle with the enemy ships/fighters from CV the only option, or can I also bombard land after winning the sea/air battle?

Only played two games and am addicted already!

Cheers

• you can only fight the air/sea battle

• '22 '19 '18

@flyingkiwi:

Hi there,

Newbie to AA so this will be a dumb question (and probably a poorly worded one also.)

If I move naval craft into a postion to bombard a territory and there are enemy vessels in the same SZ, is the battle with the enemy ships/fighters from CV the only option, or can I also bombard land after winning the sea/air battle?

Cheers

Any naval battle that preceeds the amphibious landings will make it so that the navy cannot bombard the land.  Also you cannot say ships A and B will do the naval battle and ship C will bombard, all naval units in the hostile seazone participate in the sea battle.  That is why a single scrambled fighter can stop an entire navy from doing a shore bombard because a naval combat must take place to destroy the fighter.

• @cond1024:

@flyingkiwi:

Hi there,

Cheers

Any naval battle that preceeds the amphibious landings will make it so that the navy cannot bombard the land.  Also you cannot say ships A and B will do the naval battle and ship C will bombard, all naval units in the hostile seazone participate in the sea battle.  That is why a single scrambled fighter can stop an entire navy from doing a shore bombard because a naval combat must take place to destroy the fighter.

Single kamikaze does the same thing.  So you should try to save a kamikaze or 2, to keep them honest.

• Thanks for that guys.

• Hi all, I have a couple of questions to ask.
    1- Can Anzac/Uk land fighters in Hawaii or on American carriers BEFORE USA is at war with Japan?

2- When fighters are on an island that has an airbase and the ships in that sea zone are attacked, do those fighters scramble for one round of rolling or until the sea battle is resolved? I read in the book that the fighters scramble, but if the country is captured by the enemy the fighters have one more space to move. How can a transport land units to capture a territory if the scrambled fighters are still alive?

3- If the Dutch East Indies are captured by Anzac/UK, do they recieve the IPC’s the island offers? I wasn’t sure since the Dutch and UK are allies.

4- If the Canadian territories are taken over by Japan, are those IPC’s deducted from UK’s total income?

5- Can US Ships in the Philipinnes move to or thru Anzac/UK waters before war has been declared on USA?

6- Can US place the two men from the Philipinnes into the Dutch colonies before control has been made by any of the other powers? If it can, does it recieves the IPCs the island has to offer?

Thanks!

• I want to clarify my second question.
    For example:
    Japan wants to invade Hawaii. They send in a battleship and a transport with a inf/tank.
    The Hawaiian sz has a destroyer on it and two fighters on the airbase.
    The two fighters scramble to defend the destroyer, so it’s 2 fighters and destroyer vs a Battleship.
    The Japanese battleship and American destroyer are both destroyed leaving only the two scrambled fighters.
    Where does that leave the Japanese transport? Is it destroyed by the two remaining fighters? If not, do the two remaining fighters land on the island for defense against the amphibious assault?

• @rpv173:

Hi all, I have a couple of questions to ask.
    1- Can Anzac/Uk land fighters in Hawaii or on American carriers BEFORE USA is at war with Japan?

No.

2- When fighters are on an island that has an airbase and the ships in that sea zone are attacked, do those fighters scramble for one round of rolling or until the sea battle is resolved? I read in the book that the fighters scramble, but if the country is captured by the enemy the fighters have one more space to move. How can a transport land units to capture a territory if the scrambled fighters are still alive?

Until resolved.  Transport can’t land the units - they would be dead.  Paratroopers are the only other explanation.

3- If the Dutch East Indies are captured by Anzac/UK, do they recieve the IPC’s the island offers? I wasn’t sure since the Dutch and UK are allies.

Yes.  And they take control.  And then if they’re lost to the Japs the Americans could take control after that.

4- If the Canadian territories are taken over by Japan, are those IPC’s deducted from UK’s total income?

Yes.  UK is getting income from West Canada, so it can also be lost (and convoy can be raided).

5- Can US Ships in the Philipinnes move to or thru Anzac/UK waters before war has been declared on USA?

Yes.  They can go to any seazone on the map.

6- Can US place the two men from the Philipinnes into the Dutch colonies before control has been made by any of the other powers? If it can, does it recieves the IPCs the island has to offer?

Thanks!

No.  See above. yw

• @rpv173:

I want to clarify my second question.
    For example:
    Japan wants to invade Hawaii. They send in a battleship and a transport with a inf/tank.
    The Hawaiian sz has a destroyer on it and two fighters on the airbase.
    The two fighters scramble to defend the destroyer, so it’s 2 fighters and destroyer vs a Battleship.
    The Japanese battleship and American destroyer are both destroyed leaving only the two scrambled fighters.
    Where does that leave the Japanese transport? Is it destroyed by the two remaining fighters? If not, do the two remaining fighters land on the island for defense against the amphibious assault?

Any unit with a combat value would destroy all the transports, yes.  But at the end of each round the attacker has an opportunity to retreat the transports before they are destroyed.  If you don’t understand, I can give examples.

• About the US ships moving to any sea zone, does that mean I can move to a japanese sz whlile not at war?

I didnt know transports can retreat battle. Does the load retreat with it, since it’s commited to the amphib assault prior to the naval battle being resolved?
    Thanks for answering my questions.

• @rpv173:

About the US ships moving to any sea zone, does that mean I can move to a japanese sz whlile not at war?

Yes.

I didnt know transports can retreat battle. Does the load retreat with it, since it’s commited to the amphib assault prior to the naval battle being resolved?
    Thanks for answering my questions.

Yes, load retreats with it, that’s right.  But only one zone back, from whence it came (along the path).

• Page 8 - “Sea zones are either friendly or hostile.  Friendly sea zones contain no surface warships belonging to a power with which you are at war.”

So all sea zones on the map are friendly to the USA before being at war with Japan.  Warships of the Japs and Americans can peacefully coexist in the same sea zone before the time that the USA is at war.

• Ìîæíî ëè òóò ðàçìåùàòü ññûëêè íà ñàéòû ñ ïîäáîðêàìè ñîôòà?   
    íå çàïðåùåííî ëè ýòî ïðàâèëàìè?

• Customizer

Hi Krieg,

2 clarifications required:

First) I am little bit confused about movement allowed before war is declared.  Please tell me if the below is true or not:
    **Japan and UK/ANZAC may move AIR units over land owned by each other, even when they are not at war.  The exception is that UK/ANZAC may not move air units over “originally” Chinese territories (any territory with a chinese flag).  They may not however move land units over land owned by each other.  UK/ANZAC may not move any units into China or USA, including air units.
    So for example, the UK could move fighters over Siam, but not over Kwangsi. **

Second) Dutch territories have been clarified to death, but not French territories.
    My understanding:
    UK/ANZAC may take over dutch territories from the dutch by moving land units into them during combat move phase.
    UK/ANZAC may move into without taking over dutch territories from the dutch by moving air or land units into them during non-combat move phase.
    If UK/ANZAC moved a land unit into them during non-combat move phase, then during their next turn, during combat move, that unit would take over the territory?  Or would it have to move out, then move back in?  Please clarify.
    USA and move take over dutch territories from the dutch at any time (can only take them from the Japanese).
    USA can not move land or air units into them during noncombat move, even if they are at war with the Japanese and allied to UK/ANZAC.  USA can fly over, but not land on them.  Please clarify.

What about French territories?
    Can UK/ANZAC conquer French territories from the French, by moving land units during combat move?
    Can UK/ANZAC noncombat move into French territories that are french, including landing aircraft there?
    If at war with Japan, can USA take over French territories from the French?  Can USA noncombat move and land air in French territories?  Can USA fly over french territories?

Thanks,
    Veqryn

• Official Q&A

@Veqryn:

Japan and UK/ANZAC may move AIR units over land owned by each other, even when they are not at war.   The exception is that UK/ANZAC may not move air units over “originally” Chinese territories (any territory with a chinese flag).  They may not however move land units over land owned by each other.

True.

@Veqryn:

**UK/ANZAC may not move any units into China or USA, including air units.
    So for example, the UK could move fighters over Siam, but not over Kwangsi. **

True.  However, the prohibition against moving units into US territories is due to US neutrality, and has nothing to do with the relations between UK/ANZAC and Japan.

@Veqryn:

UK/ANZAC may take over dutch territories from the dutch by moving land units into them during combat move phase.

True.

@Veqryn:

UK/ANZAC may move into without taking over dutch territories from the dutch by moving air or land units into them during non-combat move phase.

Air units, yes, but not land units.  If land units move in, the territory is claimed.  If only air units move in, it is not.

@Veqryn:

If UK/ANZAC moved a land unit into them during non-combat move phase, then during their next turn, during combat move, that unit would take over the territory?  Or would it have to move out, then move back in?  Please clarify.

It would be taken over when the land unit moved in initially.

@Veqryn:

USA and move take over dutch territories from the dutch at any time (can only take them from the Japanese).

Powers other than UK/ANZAC may only control Dutch territories by taking them from the Axis.

@Veqryn:

USA can not move land or air units into them during noncombat move, even if they are at war with the Japanese and allied to UK/ANZAC.  USA can fly over, but not land on them.  Please clarify.

US may move into Dutch territories freely, but only if the US is at war.

@Veqryn:

Can UK/ANZAC conquer French territories from the French, by moving land units during combat move?

No.

@Veqryn:

Can UK/ANZAC noncombat move into French territories that are french, including landing aircraft there?

Yes, but it may not take control of them.

@Veqryn:

If at war with Japan, can USA take over French territories from the French?

No, only from the Axis.

@Veqryn:

Can USA noncombat move and land air in French territories?  Can USA fly over french territories?

Yes, but only if US is at war.

• Customizer

Ok, so ANZAC/UK can noncombat move takeover dutch territories?

Also, let if i do take over a dutch territory, can I land my aircraft there Same turn?  or do i have to wait a turn to do so?

And USA, once at war, can move into, and land air, in Dutch owned Dutch territories, but may not take them over from the Dutch (they stay under Dutch control).

And it seems ANZAC/UK/USA can not take over French territories FROM France, (but of course may take them from Japan).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m