How to beat the Belorussian Stack?

• good question, and i’ve had trouble with that myself.
    I think this requires a massive “opportunity cost”. I mean that one has to straafe this using G’s airpower (which is a difficult decision as that air might be used somewhere else). I think it’s possible that in this way you may kill the 8 odd units/turn (R’s purchases) while getting your own purchases to the front . . . not tested recently tho’. . . .

• The B-Stack is pathetic. Russia puts everything they can in, so germany should build all tanks for a turn or 2, and then attack w/ everything . Russia will certainly lose the battle, and there goes all their infantry, so you take moscow next turn. I can never understand why people think this startegy works. the most russia can buy is like 7 men (after you’ve taken east poland and baltic states) and germany can buy 8 or 9 tanks(depending on how you’ve done in middle east) so by turn 3 or 4 you can attack w/ like 25 tanks and like 15 men and all your planes against like 25 men, so you obviously win and there goes all of russia’s defense. The key for winning for the germans is getting an opportuinity to attack the bulk or russia’s men, and russia has to stay back in russia and moscow and turkestan to counter attack anything germany takes into bellorussia, beacuse on defense tanks are just as good as men. The goal for both sides is to be able to attack the bulk of the other side’s men, beacuse tanks are worse on defense. It’s common logic. The russians doing the bellorussia stack defense is a blessing for germany

• The bellorussia stack is a coin toss. SOmetimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt. If I’m Germany, and Russia starts to stack, I hit with everythng I got. Before I do that though, I use all the subs on my first turn to capture all the allied convoys I can. They can never get them all back and the money I gain goes toward getting past that stack. It usually works for me. But on the flipside, Russia sometimes can weather the storm and win the battle. This breaks the back of Germany since they can never gain the momentum or strength they had at the begining of the game before the US starts to really play. As Germany, I once even went around the stack by going way south with a smaller but adequete force. By doing that it puts you about a turn away from moscow. This cause the russian player to panic and divert from the stack to the defense of the capitol. This makes it easier for the rest of your army to surge forward and eliminate the heart of Russias fighting force. After that, it’s not long before moscow falls. This has to be done quick though. If you wait to long, The allies will gain momentum in their campaign. And everyone knows that Germany cannot stand up to the combined wealth of all three allies.

• @Inkfreak:

Before I do that though, I use all the subs on my first turn to capture all the allied convoys I can. They can never get them all back and the money I gain goes toward getting past that stack.

You don’t gain money by taking convoys, it’s just denying the opponent some cash.

• @Guest:

so by turn 3 or 4 you can attack w/ like 25 tanks and like 15 men and all your planes against like 25 men, so you obviously win and there goes all of russia’s defense.

The western allies don’t send planes to russia in your scenario, do they? A continous stream of US fighters can start to add to the russian stack from turn 3-4ish on….

• in the games i play, UK usually sends the 2 fighters from england, but usually US dosent. it’s very hard for the US to fly planes to leningrad(that and vyborg are only places not under german control you can send them) beacuse the in my games the germans always take it about turn 3. by this time the US fighter would still be there, and it would die. i never send US fighters to russia, just the UK fighters and sometimes after awhile i’ll fly the malta fighter to turkestan from iran or syria after i’ve cleared up the middle east

• As long as you can, i would send in fighters, when playing the US.
    They can do too much good for the allies, once they arrive: The russians can then slowly start to become more aggressive, do better strafing attacks, and still don’t need to buy anything but Inf.
    So, i would do that as long as i can…. and who knows where an allied CV will once Leningrad and Vyborg have fallen…

• Easy to beat. Belorussia stack is a weak strategy. Keep Strat bombing Russia as Germany (I use 4 bombers at a time), this way Russia makes very little per turn. Build about 25 Infantry, then move everything you got to East Poland. On Turn 4, build all tanks. Tanks move in range to attack, and on turn 5, you attack Belorussia. If you did it right, you’ll win.

That sums it up in the fewest words possible…

• thats what i did in the game i played last night (except for the SBR’s) if germany can take leningrad by turn 2 or 3, then russia cannot be receiving any more fighter planes from the US or UK, so germany’s first objective befofre moscow is leningrad

• they can fly them to Karelia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m