OK, now that is just plain awesome. That beats out any recent medieval recreation I’ve seen! I’d volunteer to work on it. It does look slightly out of place considering it’s environment, but maybe my cultural views of castles are too shaped by hollywood.

To top it off though they need to expand it out and make a town, just like there would be…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

OK, now that is just plain awesome. That beats out any recent medieval recreation I’ve seen! I’d volunteer to work on it. It does look slightly out of place considering it’s environment, but maybe my cultural views of castles are too shaped by hollywood.

To top it off though they need to expand it out and make a town, just like there would be…

GG

Yeah I thought so as well. When I shaw this show I was wishing I could participate. Some of the things they were doing really intrigued me, such as did you know that the spiral stairs going up the guard towers always spiral to the right? This is because most people are right handed and the defender above would have the advantage as the person climbing the stairs would have difficulty swinging their sword. Same reason why they make the passage ways narrow and the door entrance at the top of the stairs is low so as to force the individual to duck under and be vulnerable for the defender to attack. They were also showing some of the nasty traps they have waiting for invaders such as the oil cauldron to pour on them, the tensioned “spring loaded spike belt”, to name a few.
    And to build it the way it was done is great, truly amazing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m