http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_britain_secret_castle

Not meant to be political, but the guy built a castle… How cool is that!

GG

• @Guerrilla:

[http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_britain_secret_castle/url]

Not meant to be political, but the guy built a castle… How cool is that!

GG

I think you missed a square bracket somewhere in your link.](http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_britain_secret_castle/url]<br /><br />Not meant to be political, but the guy built a castle… How cool is that!<br /><br />GG<br /><br /><br />I think you missed a square bracket somewhere in your link.)

Thanks it’s fixed… C’mon, don’t tell me that doesn’t look cool…

Your sarcasm makes the subject more enlightened. It’s like the classical music on C-Span…

GG

• @allboxcars:

@Guerrilla:

totally amazing.

Now he just needs to hire some locals to dress up as orcs so he can smite them with a foam sword while yelling in Elvish.

Sounds like you are a Tolkien fan.

That was actually a compliment. And there is no reason to remove any post to this topic.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

That was actually a compliment. And there is no reason to remove any post to this topic.

GG

Rest assured I took it as a compliment.
    As for the other half of your message; clearly I cannot speak on that subject.

• why are only half the posts still alive in this topic? also he needs a moat.

I don’t understand the first question… And he does! without a doubt, murky moat water with Nessie’s kids.

GG

• @Brain:

@allboxcars:

@Guerrilla:

totally amazing.

Now he just needs to hire some locals to dress up as orcs so he can smite them with a foam sword while yelling in Elvish.

that post wasn’t in the topic which made this entire topic make no sense.

• @Guerrilla:

GG

If you didn’t remove it, then who did?

• Cool house, too bad about the authorities making him take it down. I guess one should be up front at the begginning and make sure they will allow it before undertaking such a large project. Well done though.

I watched this documentary on a group actually building a 13th century castle in France done as they did it back then with all materials and tools of the era and actually dressed appropriatedly as well. This was really cool on the detail and research they have done for this. This started in 1997 and is planned for 25 years to complete.

Here is the link:

http://www.guedelon.fr/

• @Guerrilla:

GG

And - if you missed it - I had actually complimented the work you do as a moderator.

• @Brain:

Don’t point the finger at GG, please.

(Edited to add “please”)

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

(Edited to add “please”)

GG is chill. I wouldn’t point the finger at him.

• @Brain:

@allboxcars:

@Brain:

(Edited to add “please”)

GG is chill. I wouldn’t point the finger at him.

Chill indeed.
    If the government doesn’t like this guy’s castle well I vote they give it to GG.

Let’s keep this on topic… :wink:

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Let’s keep this on topic… :wink:

GG

OK well if gifting it away won’t fix this situation…

hmmm, let me point out that it sucks, if it was a business property they’d probably wish him luck.

I cannot help but enjoy the irony of you posting this, GG… and looking to the bottom of your post to read Pitt’s address.

• @Panzer:

Cool house, too bad about the authorities making him take it down. I guess one should be up front at the begginning and make sure they will allow it before undertaking such a large project. Well done though.
    I watched this documentary on a group actually building a 13th century castle in France done as they did it back then with all materials and tools of the era and actually dressed appropriatedly as well. This was really cool on the detail and research they have done for this. This started in 1997 and is planned for 25 years to complete.
    Here is the link:

Why did they make him tear down his castle?

• @Brain:

@Panzer:

Cool house, too bad about the authorities making him take it down. I guess one should be up front at the begginning and make sure they will allow it before undertaking such a large project. Well done though.
    Here is the link:

Why did they make him tear down his castle?

If you go to the link by GG on the first post of this thread it details why he has been ordered to tear it down. He still can appeal. The reason is he never got permission from the planning board and actually hid what he was doing and then lived in it for four years hoping they would let him keep it that way. The board is mad because he did it with deceipt and purposely hid his home renos.

The castle link on my thread is an actual castle being built in old way traditions and they have permission so all is good for them. That was a cool documentary that showed this castle under construction and why they did certain things the way they did.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m