• '10

Hello,
          Just wanted to share with you another new FMG product.  This has been on my mind for YEARS.  A local fabrication company helped make this dream come true.  It started with me commissioning one for myself, everyone loved it so much I decided to share it with the community!

Field Marshal AMMO BOX COMBAT CHEST

Made here in North America!  Hand made and custom built.

Holds all your Axis & Allies components including some rule books and battle boards/reference charts.  It includes three trays with six compartments for chips, IPCs, tokens, China/neutral units etc.

Each National tray is colored to match components and COMBAT DICE.  There are three compartments in each tray (Land/Air/Naval) and a special compartment for COMBAT DICE.  It was made to hold AA50 set-up cards and others.  (AAP/E40 will require modification as they are attached to boxes)

A lot of research was done to have special stencils made for each tray, matching Historical fonts of the WW2 period.

Each AMMO Box comes with National trays for USSR, GERMANY, JAPAN, UK, ITALY, USA including ANZAC & FRANCE!  Three FMG trays for components and a set of COMBAT DICE

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  It is the perfect finishing touch to any game bunker.  As it is locally made it is expensive to produce.

Please visit our site for more pictures and details.  It can be found under the “FMG EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS” Section.

Enjoy!

Jeremy

• '10

@i:

does it come with men?? :? :? :?:?:?:?:?

In future it will come with a COMBAT UNIT combo option…  as you know we are still working on that.

• Very impressive, FMG!  I promptly bought one!  Now get those pieces done so I’ve got something to put in them worthy of the container!

You know, it occurs to me that once you’re all done with the pieces project, all we’ll really need is a matching map to have our own dream variant…

…which makes me think of some of the impressive work IL has done.  I really like your stuff, IL, but it would be even cooler if you had one with colors and country logos (and maybe even font matches with the new boxes) all designed to complement FMG’s dice/ pieces/ boxes.  Have you been working on something like that already?  If not, are you considering it?

• Looks awesome!  :wink:

• @DrLarsen:

…which makes me think of some of the impressive work IL has done.  I really like your stuff, IL, but it would be even cooler if you had one with colors and country logos (and maybe even font matches with the new boxes) all designed to complement FMG’s dice/ pieces/ boxes.  Have you been working on something like that already?  If not, are you considering it?

I would think you couldn’t resell those as the layout pretty much belongs to A&A.  IL made a nice map and you can print it out at Kinko’s or online.  I took those maps and blew them up to 30x56 (give or take).  I plan on making an bigger one to use at CON’s.  It will be approx 40x70 when finished.

• '10

@docfav7:

@DrLarsen:

I would think you couldn’t resell those as the layout pretty much belongs to A&A.  IL made a nice map and you can print it out at Kinko’s or online.  I took those maps and blew them up to 30x56 (give or take).  I plan on making an bigger one to use at CON’s.  It will be approx 40x70 when finished.

We will never sell Maps for AAA.  That is stepping over a line in the sand.  But I do recommend many of IL’s maps if you are looking to make a deluxe game table or bunker…  I have seen a few.

• I love how the stencils turned out on those!  They looked good plain, but they’re pure awesome with the logo!

• '10

@i:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@i:

does it come with men?? :? :? :?:?:?:?:?

In future it will come with a COMBAT UNIT combo option…  as you know we are still working on that.

yes, thats why your awesome you make us men, places to put the men, BUT you dont make us a game :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is all in the game plan… one step at a time!

• Just so that I’m clear: By country logos, I mean the country-specific roundels, which are mostly historical aircraft roundels or other highly recognizable national and/or historical symbols, so I can’t imagine that they are WotC monopolies.  And by colors/ fonts, I’m talking about FMG’s colors/ fonts, not WotC’s colors/ fonts.  And I’m talking about a third party (like IL) doing a map to match FMG, not FMG doing a map.  I can’t imagine that FMG would sue IL for copyright infringement…

• '10

@DrLarsen:

Just so that I’m clear: By country logos, I mean the country-specific roundels, which are mostly historical aircraft roundels or other highly recognizable national and/or historical symbols, so I can’t imagine that they are WotC monopolies.  And by colors/ fonts, I’m talking about FMG’s colors/ fonts, not WotC’s colors/ fonts.  And I’m talking about a third party (like IL) doing a map to match FMG, not FMG doing a map.  I can’t imagine that FMG would sue IL for copyright infringement…

Of course not!  I love IL’s maps.  If it is for the community… why not.

In future I would like to see a map made professionally on a board however, instead of printing out and playing on a poster.

• Don’t put roundels on the trays. My experience is you will get hordes of people asking for countless changes on the roundels based on really nothing of merit, because their are no correct roundels because roundels are just icons to designate control and air-force roundels have no meaning outside the air-force.

The box is perfect as is.

• Well, FMG did already use the roundels on the dice, so they’re kind of stuck with the theme now… not that the ammo box must have them, though… they’re fine as they are (I already bought one and await it eagerly…)

IL, I do like the one board that you have on GameDreamers (that’s you, right?) as a possibility, but it would be nice to see one matching FMG’s colors (from either box or dice) & fonts (from the box).  (Also, I do find it odd that you’ve shoved the Caroline Islands so far West… was their a game-balance reason for this or something?)

• The islands have to fit in the middle of the sea zone, so i take liberty of the representation for purposes of needing the islands in the zone they are in. So its for more than just aesthetics.

But this is off topic.

• The contact e-mail address at Game Dreamers is:
    imperiousleader1@adelphia.net imperiousleader1@adelphia.netwhich is the same as his e-mail address here in this forum.

I would say it is the same person./imperiousleader1@adelphia.net

• OK IL, I started a new thread on Pacific Island layout options so as to not derail this one.

So back to my question, IL: do you think a board that matches the ammo box colors/ fonts is a realistic possibility?  I already ordered the ammo box and would be willing to drop similar money on a board that would match it, if it’s quality (say, something like your tile system, or at least a quality matte laminate.)

• what do you mean “match it”?

You want the map too look like a wooden crate with a Field Marshall logo on it?

And changing the font for each nation on my map would not look right. I tried that in other designs and it does not look right.

The colors are chosen for how they look and their is no need to make changes. The only color that is different is Germany and i like that color for them. Grey green

• well, duh, obviously a map is not a box…

But, I’ve been looking at your Deluxe World War map on the GameDreamers site, and I really like it (except for the Carolines being too far west), but wonder how it would look if the fonts and country colors matched those from the box.  (I noticed that that map does use different fonts for different countries, which is what made me think about the idea in the first place.)

Perhaps the country colors from the boxes are too dark, and would need to be lightened, and maybe the fonts wouldn’t work on a map… I don’t know, it was just a thought…

• What did you say? The Carolines are to far west?

• '10

ordered mine today with my work bonus

• '10

Just an update.

The first round of is almost complete.  Should be shipping in about one week.  So far we have had EIGHT ORDERS for this!

Thank you for your support.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m