Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

@Razor:

After I posted the chines stuff, I now got 71 smites.

Please dont smite the messenger. It was not me that made the ugly-looking chines uniforms. I just posted the pic.

I don’t understand why you’d get smites for posting those… not only is it just a suggestion, I think they’re pretty good sculpts - hell of a lot better than those that come with the game. And  as already mentioned, who gives a <censored>about the useless ‘smite’ function…</censored>

• @Razor:

After I posted the chines stuff, I now got 71 smites.

Please dont smite the messenger. It was not me that made the ugly-looking chines uniforms. I just posted the pic.

I was wondering since you don’t want to be smited, Why does it say “I smite you” under your avatar?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

Airbases and Naval bases will be actual 3D units rather than tokens or chips!

Then people should post pictures of what it should look like…

one sec…

I like the symbols that were used in the original AAP on the map. Could we do like a 1/2"X1/2" 3D token with those in a manner similar to the task force plastic pieces? Just a raised plane or anchor on a square. This may be oversimplifying for most, but I’m trying to avoid cluttering the rest of my cool FMG pieces on the board.

• yea thats fine. I can go with that, but i like to see the words “Naval Port or Airfield” with raised letters, so it can be painted and readable the raised icons of an anchor or plane will work well.

• How about an airplane hangar for an airfield and a sea crane for a naval base.

@Brain:

How about an airplane hangar for an airfield and a sea crane for a naval base.

Hmm, I think I almost like the hanger idea better. The crane may be too tall. Maybe a pier or something like that? That would go with the hanger concept.

• Maybe a control tower for the airfield, I don’t know, I am just throwing out random ideas.

On the size square we’re talking about, I think we could comfortably fit the symbol we like with the words “AIR” or “NAVAL” raised like IL is saying. After sleeping on the idea, the hanger may be too ambiguous at this size and we agree that the anchor is a little lame. How about the standard generic top-down airplane for the air base and a generic top-down mini-battleship for the naval base. Again, making it similar to the ones on the task force piece. Light grey in color I guess?

• How about just a crisscrossed( hourglass shaped) runway for the airbase
    and some docks for the naval base.

• '10

My sculpt guy is working on the Airfield and Naval Base idea right now (While waiting for the factory to finish the other samples).  We will go for something simple like the original AAA factories…  instantly recognizable but not to complicated.

Anything is better for a token!

We will also include two types of Factories in the set. With new designs to match the AirField and Naval Base.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

will go for something simple like the original AAA factories…  instantly recognizable but not to complicated.

We will also include two types of Factories in the set. With new designs to match the AirField and Naval Base.

great!

FMG, i can imagine that their are still alot of variables involved but do you have any sort of timescale on when this awesomeness will be released? do you think early summer perhaps?

thx

• '10

@Emperor_Taiki:

@FieldMarshalGames:

will go for something simple like the original AAA factories…  instantly recognizable but not to complicated.

great!

FMG, i can imagine that their are still alot of variables involved but do you have any sort of timescale on when this awesomeness will be released? do you think early summer perhaps?

thx

What I have learned from doing COMBAT DICE and CONNECT HEX is that you should never announce a release date.  Whatever the factory tells you…  add a few months.  We have given them a Jan 1st deadline to have all of ITALY completed.  After that I am hoping to have one more nation a month.

So if you have seven nations (France included) and one extra mould for the “extras” that is eight months.  Of course this could be sooner as the factory should be able to do the other seven moulds faster than the first.

We are in the second last stage of this project.  The laying down of the final moulds.  Once this is complete I will have REAL physical samples to show you all and will be able to give you a production timeline.

My business partner who is working on this daily tells me 100% this will be complete in 2010…  We are aiming for summer.  I would like to have this shipping just after the release of AAE40.

• Fantastic!

• Customizer

I worship you!

• Yes, this is amazing.

• Customizer

Can only add that my anticipation is of the level that it makes me jittery.  :-o

• @FieldMarshalGames:

What I have learned from doing COMBAT DICE and CONNECT HEX is that you should never announce a release date.  Whatever the factory tells you…  add a few months.  We have given them a Jan 1st deadline to have all of ITALY completed.  After that I am hoping to have one more nation a month.

So if you have seven nations (France included) and one extra mould for the “extras” that is eight months.  Of course this could be sooner as the factory should be able to do the other seven moulds faster than the first.

We are in the second last stage of this project.  The laying down of the final moulds.  Once this is complete I will have REAL physical samples to show you all and will be able to give you a production timeline.

My business partner who is working on this daily tells me 100% this will be complete in 2010…  We are aiming for summer.  I would like to have this shipping just after the release of AAE40.

OMG I just found this project/thread and read through 51 pages.  I’ve been looking for updated plastic pieces (sculpts, chips, factories) for my AA games for a really long time!  The good thing is i didn’t know about this project prior to last night and I don’t have to wait all those months leading up till now.  And thank god I didn’t buy from other places like WOTC or assembling my own from GHQ which would have been extremely costly.

This project is amazing!  I will definitely order at least three sets.  I can’t wait!

• I think they should add marines, because AAP40 didn’t include any like AAP

American should be enough.

• @Imperious:

I think they should add marines, because AAP40 didn’t include any like AAP

American should be enough.

Well their will be too infantry types so i am assuming one of them will look like a marine with a flamethower or M1 Carbine.

• Wow I thought we would just get Italy and then it would be a long wait for the rest. I had no idea the rest would be coming out in monthly intervals.Thank you FMG,

(Rank = 74)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m