Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• I was posting that if they just decided to do one more pack. Thats is to say if they sold enough Italian pieces to cover costs and a small amount to fund another go at this. I my opinion if it looked like just one more time… i would strongly suggest a patchwork of different pieces, rather than “just do Germany and stop at that”

Its like the ‘woman and children first’ thing about the Titanic. If their is only enough to justify one more set after italy, then don’t you think it makes sence to just fix the messed up sculpts?

Of course i will buy 6 of them not matter what. I am thinking of FMG too right?

• FMG could title that set “The WOTC F-up fixer”. I actually think that it is a good idea. If it succeeds, then FMG can continue to produce national sets.

• Well, hopefully FMG won’t have any trouble doing all the full national sets, and so won’t have to settle for the “patch” option.  But I do understand your point, IL: better to put all of the highest priority eggs in the first basket, in case there’s only one basket…

The only problem is that they wouldn’t be able to do the “patch” set in 5 different colors, according to what FMG said earlier on the thread.  Of course, if I’m able to find the ideal easy, quick spray-paint solution, then that might not be a big deal…

• '10

@Brain:

FMG, any possibility of you guys developing your own game?

I will try to answer all your questions.

1. The Pcs Project is #1 priority for us right now.  All our efforts and all our money is going in that direction.  We will include FRANCE and ANZAC at the end of the project. (ANZAC will be easy… run UK in a diff colour)

…if this goes all well and pays for itself…

1. We will make TECH pcs also for a second release.  At that time I will start a NEW thread about this as this thread is getting unwieldy and long.

1. We are working on a COMBAT CHEST, it will be a deluxe box that will have trays for each nations pcs, COMBAT DICE, Deluxe chips and TECH units.  It will be designed to look like a ww2 ammo case. NO MORE - TOP SECRET

1. I have three games in the works right now.  They are on the shelf until the above is complete so I will not discuss them at this time.  I think AAA players will like them…  they are not AAA or WW2 games (no copycats here) but are defiantly a tribute to the AAA games that inspired them.  They will have high quality maps and pcs also…  NO MORE - TOP SECRET

As you can see we have alot in the works here and obviously some is far off…  Right now we are giving EVERYTHING to completing the COMBAT UNITS as early as possible in 2010.

Thanks for your continued support and interest!

Jeremy

• Excellent update FMG! I’m looking forward to purchasing your products for the foreseeable future.

• Customizer

FMG’s latest update makes me all giddy and warm inside!  :-D

• Yes, but why bother to make the ANZAC pieces if they are not nation specific molds ? Razor wants ANZAC infantry with the Stetson hats, not the brit helmets.

• '10

@Razor:

Yes, but why bother to make the ANZAC pieces if they are not nation specific molds ? Razor wants ANZAC infantry with the Stetson hats, not the brit helmets.

Because like with MOST AAA games… you never get enough pieces.  AND our set will include some “special” units.

• What color will ANZAC be?

• FMG, thank you for your latest update.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

What color will ANZAC be?

I’m assuming the same color they are now

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Razor:

Yes, but why bother to make the ANZAC pieces if they are not nation specific molds ? Razor wants ANZAC infantry with the Stetson hats, not the brit helmets.

Because like with MOST AAA games… you never get enough pieces.  AND our set will include some “special” units.

But will one of the UK infantry have a Stetson hat?

• AAP40 ANZAC are grey.  I never got the origional AAP

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

AAP40 ANZAC are grey.  I never got the origional AAP

In orginal AAP they’re just UK units.

• Yeah, having the AAP40 ANZACs in grey is SOO disappointing.  Whatever could have possessed them to do such a thing?!?  They should have done them in that light green that they’d done some of the early UK units in (and they should have done the AAA Italians in light grey, like TWG).

So, FMG, are you guys going to follow their lead on this one?  I understand totally you’re wanting as much consistency with them as possible, but this might make them too close to your Germans.  Oh, and I want that Stetson hat, too.  (Otherwise, pretty much anything else would be the same as either the US or the UK, as most Aussie/ANZAC gear was either American or British.)

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Basically Razor want ANZAC infantry to look like this :

• '10

@Razor:

@Emperor_Taiki:

Basically Razor want ANZAC infantry to look like this :

Hey…  If the base set pays for itself and goes well, the sky is the limit! I like the idea of special anzac infantry also…  but we will have to see the cost…  making a whole mould for one unit is kind of expensive.

• Looks like Razor already has his ANZAC pieces.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Nah, that’s a stock photo from plasticsoldierreview.com

• I vote for the middle pose.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m