Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Those infantry are amazing! And the carrier is great to! Can’t wait to get these.

• Yes exactly, the second pose should be airborne infantry.

• FMG-
    Those infantry look great, but i have to agree two very different poses’ would have been better but i will still buy them reguardless! love the commander piece and the carrier is awesome! Thanks for sharing and i look forward to the next preview.
    Thoes426 :evil:

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Fantastic! Agree with the others on the poses but I’m in no matter what. What’s this all going to cost again?

• Wow!!! Amazing detail- these are looking great- when will the preorders be for the entire set??  Ready by Thanksgiving/Christmas??? :-)

• All I can say is that the folks at Field Marshal Games are setting a new standard for high-quality Axis & Allies pieces. Truly excellent work!!

• Yeah the poses are very similar.

• TripleA '12

Oh wow, FMG, I love them! I’m personally not bothered about a 2nd Infantry sculpt; one’s enough for me. But yes, variety on the game map will look nice. Seriously can’t wait for this!

• The tank was good, the ships are nice, I’m not much of a naval guy so they are less impressive to me, however those infantry look incredible!  If you keep this kind of quality through the entire set then I’m sold!  These will become my defacto playing pieces just as the Combat dice are now my defacto dice.

Great work!  The poses are similar but it doesn’t bother me.  Looking forward to more!

• Customizer

Once again an excellent job on the sculpts FMG. Each time you release a preview i get more excited to give you my money. Keep it up.

• @Imperious:

Yes exactly, the second pose should be airborne infantry.

I agree. At least the second pose should have another type of gun. If the first have a rifle, the second should have a submachinegun or something.

• How about a submachine gun in one hand while throwing a grenade?  That would be quite distinctive.  How about a panzerfast <sp?>?</sp?>

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The basic options I see are:

1. Shooting
    2. Advancing (basic A&A pose)
    3. Marching (rifle over shoulder)
    4. Special weapon

• '10

If I had my choice for infantry design I would do the following.

For standard infantry would use whatever the most common rifle that was uses for each country.  For commandos I would use a special weapon such as a submachine-gun, assault rifle or bazooka, panzerfaust.

For poses I would have standard infantry with weapon shouldered and at the fire ready.  With commando I would have their weapons firing from the hip position unless the are using a bazooka or panzerfaust.  Even at the shoulder ready position it will be easy to these weapons apart from the rifle.  I hope there is still time for FMG to take these into consideration.

However, if FMG has already made the molds and they are already in production then it is a moot point.  Considering all the excellent work they have done.  I’m not going to be complaining if the poses or weapons aren’t the way I would like them to be.  The quality of the pieces will be enough for me.

• '10

@Razor:

@Imperious:

Yes exactly, the second pose should be airborne infantry.

I agree. At least the second pose should have another type of gun. If the first have a rifle, the second should have a submachinegun or something.

Just a note:  If you look very closely…  Each pose has a different weapon.  One is a rife and one is a semi-automatic.  These two weapons were very common in the Italian Army of the time.

• Customizer

IMHO, they’re perfect.  So FMG… glancing through some history books, noticed that the Italians had some pretty interesting aircraft during WWII (hint hint… can we get a glimpse? Or did I miss those…).

• '10

@Viracocha:

IMHO, they’re perfect.  So FMG… glancing through some history books, noticed that the Italians had some pretty interesting aircraft during WWII (hint hint… can we get a glimpse? Or did I miss those…).

The Aircraft and are still in production.  I will have some pics of those soon I hope.

• FMG, Can’t wait to see the aircraft pieces. I’m salivating over here.

You never answered my question about the infantry pieces, Are they going to be two-toned?

• '10

You never answered my question about the infantry pieces, Are they going to be two-toned?

Per FMG
    The weapons are painted white on these sculpts to show contrast. (Actual units will be all brown colour including base)

• Italian inf look great!!  :-D

IMHO, the poses’ similarity would diminish with a head-on pic. In RL, I think the infanteer with the M38 and the striding pose will look sufficiently different from the other one’s squared stance.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m