Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Nice ship. Can’t wait for more pix.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Hello all!

I had that second picture made last week but was saving it…  with all the attention and hype with AAP40 pictures etc I did not want to divert any attention.  I was saving it to share in a “slow news time” with the community.  But as it is out…  ENJOY!

To answer your question; we are going to make the NAVAL units a few mm larger than the standard AA units in the WOTC games.  This allows us to show more detail in each unit.

The detail on the NAVAL units will be very good, but due to the fact that they are a smaller scale than the Land units, we can’t get the exact same effect as shown on the ITALIAN tank unit.

Remember that with AAA pcs, they are all in different scales.  Planes / Infantry / Tanks / Ships all have their own scaling.  Although you can see the detail is MUCH greater than the WOTC units…  the detail level will very from scale to scale.

Thanks for sharing! More to come soon.

The detail is again excellent. However, at that scale the gun barrels must be about as thin as a human hair! Is the material strong enough? Would hate to have them braking off if they’re touched or the piece is dropped by accident.

Are you planing on modeling the propellers on the air units? Again, is the material strong enough?

• @WOPR:

The detail is again excellent. However, at that scale the gun barrels must be about as thin as a human hair! Is the material strong enough? Would hate to have them braking off if they’re touched or the piece is dropped by accident.

Are you planing on modeling the propellers on the air units? Again, is the material strong enough?

From what I can see on that picture, the guns look to be a solid part of/attached directly to the ships deck (as would make sense based on the scale and, like you said, they’d be as thin as a hair).

• '10

Sometimes I can see the pictures and sometimes I can’t.  Is anyone else experiencing this too?  I’m trying to figure out if it’s the web site or my computer.

Thanks

• @Black:

Sometimes I can see the pictures and sometimes I can’t.  Is anyone else experiencing this too?  I’m trying to figure out if it’s the web site or my computer.

Thanks

I have not had that problem yet.

• No problems on my end with viewing pictures.

• @Black:

Thanks

You have to be signed in.

• '10

I learned something new.

Thanks WOPR

• And you gotta be signed in to post to the forum as well. :-D

(Rank = 90)

• I dont care about your personal problems, I just want next mold pic  :-)

• '10

WOPR

Many times when I come to this site I don’t log in unless I have something to say.  So that explains why sometimes I saw it and sometimes I didn’t.

And you gotta be signed in to post to the forum as well. grin

Well hallelujah praise the Lord.  I’ve been saved :lol:

• Customizer

To answer your question; we are going to make the NAVAL units a few mm larger than the standard AA units in the WOTC games.  This allows us to show more detail in each unit.

I am still unsure if you are saying that your ships will be larger than Hasbro’s new and enlarged BB sculpts from the latest games, or if they are larger than the old pre AA42 BBs released back in August?

FMG, I am not picking your product apart, but this would allow me to judge whether just getting Italians would look funny on my board compared to the other pieces.  (In scale, at least)

Also, are the pieces hard or soft plastic (In case I wish to paint them)?

Cheers

• '10

Shadowhawk

Is there a way to order these sets already on the website ?

Not yet.  FMG is not quite ready to take orders yet but I think the time is not too far away.  When they are ready.  I’m sure they will announce it here first.

• @ShadowHAwk:

Is there a way to order these sets already on the website ?

I looked over it but i cannot find a way to order them ( kinda odd if you want to sell them imo)

I think it would be difficult to take orders when this is the pre-production (almost ready for production) phase.  ;)
    Almost there … almost … /bitesnailsinanticipation

• Hi folks, me too want to get this pieces. How long I have to wait ?

• '10

@jim010:

To answer your question; we are going to make the NAVAL units a few mm larger than the standard AA units in the WOTC games.  This allows us to show more detail in each unit.

I am still unsure if you are saying that your ships will be larger than Hasbro’s new and enlarged BB sculpts from the latest games, or if they are larger than the old pre AA42 BBs released back in August?

FMG, I am not picking your product apart, but this would allow me to judge whether just getting Italians would look funny on my board compared to the other pieces.  (In scale, at least)

Also, are the pieces hard or soft plastic (In case I wish to paint them)?

Cheers

They will be slightly larger than those supplied in AA50.  Not sure if the plastic is “soft” or “hard”  I will ask the factory.

They will be released in 2010.

Thanks

• It is important that they are as close as possible to the color and nature of the plastic.

I would definatly send them a sample so they can match.

The rubbery kind of plastic is a huge mistake. It cannot be painted and is prone to minor flashing issues.

Hard plastic is the only way to go. Like modeling plastic because the pieces come out crisp.

• '10

@Imperious:

It is important that they are as close as possible to the color and nature of the plastic.

I would definatly send them a sample so they can match.

The rubbery kind of plastic is a huge mistake. It cannot be painted and is prone to minor flashing issues.

Hard plastic is the only way to go. Like modeling plastic because the pieces come out crisp.

OH! Ok, now I understand.  They are HARD plastic.  Not rubber!

• You mean the pieces don’t come pre-painted? :-D

• '10

I’m not sure if this question is premature but does FMG have an idea on what they will make for the next batch?  I’ve been giving this a lot of thought.  I think perhaps technology units would be the most useful (Long range bomber, fighters, super subs, rockets and so on).  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m