Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Hey knp7765, I work at night too! I’ve done that for the past three years now. It seems as if you never really get used to it though - but I suppose I like it. Most of the people I play Axis and Allies with work with me on my shift so that helps. One guy keeps asking me every day if I’ve gotten the Italian pieces yet. Hopefully one day soon I’ll be able to tell him yes! Of course, then he’ll start asking about the German pieces - lol. Sigh.

What’s funny is that event though I know better every morning when I get home from work I check by the front door to see if any packages arrived for me. As if they are going to deliver in the middle of the night!  :roll:

• Customizer

I’ve had this shift for nearly 7 years now.  For the most part, I like the hours, though it makes some social life/family gatherings kind of tough.  For a long time, I kept having family members inviting me to stuff in the middle of the day and I have to keep explaining that I am asleep at that time.  It hasn’t happened for a while so maybe when I didn’t show up enough times, they got the hint.  They probably think I’m just being stuck-up or unsociable.
    What’s hard on my game group isn’t the hours so much, but my “weekend” which is Monday/Tuesday nights.
    Yeah, I’m anxioius to get my Italian pieces and new combat dice too.  Really looking forward to ANZAC and France having their own dice.  I got my UPS notification of a package from FMG and the projected delivery date is the 17th, although it also says they don’t actually have the package yet and when they do, tracking and delivery date will be updated.  So, still not sure exactly how much longer I have to wait, but at least I know it’s getting really close now.

• Does everyone have their Italians yet? I pre-ordered and still don’t have them. I know that FMG said they would ship last Monday at least that is what I thought he said. I live in Missouri so it is not like I live in a remote place.Just curious anybody else not have theirs?

• TripleA '12

Nope. I’m in the UK and I’m still waiting. Expect 'em in maybe another week? I don’t know…

• Customizer

I live in Kansas and I’m still waiting too.  I got a UPS e-mail Friday but every time I check the tracking, it says they haven’t gotten the package yet.  It’s starting to seem like everytime I think I’m close to getting my order, something else pushes it back a little farther.

• '10

Seems like FMG and HBG have both been having customs issues.

• '12

@GoSanchez6:

Does everyone have their Italians yet? I pre-ordered and still don’t have them. I know that FMG said they would ship last Monday at least that is what I thought he said. I live in Missouri so it is not like I live in a remote place.Just curious anybody else not have theirs?

Nope and I haven’t received any shipping info either.  I thought he said they shipped from China though - en route to HIM not us yet.  At least that’s what I had in my head.

• @Fishmoto37:

I don’t thinks it’s a customs issue because I live in Canada (where FMG is located) and I’ve been experiencing the same UPS situation as knp7765: the tracking has been set up but UPS doesn’t as yet have the package itself.

• Same here, I have a tracking number and an e-mail saying I was to recieve it today and yet nothing has come so I guess UPS is having issues.

• '10

@CWO:

@Fishmoto37:

I don’t thinks it’s a customs issue because I live in Canada (where FMG is located) and I’ve been experiencing the same UPS situation as knp7765: the tracking has been set up but UPS doesn’t as yet have the package itself.

Check out the Topic:Axis Minor set Release Date.

• Washington State.  No word from UPS either.  :-(

• '10

@CWO:

@Fishmoto37:

To make this go as fast as possible…  I have pre-printed all the UPS labels.  I will send them out the same day they arrive.  Delay is a Customs issue.

• TripleA '12

Thanks for the update, FMG.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

To make this go as fast as possible…  I have pre-printed all the UPS labels.  I will send them out the same day they arrive.  Delay is a Customs issue.

So customs is still holding your stuff too?!?  This is just great.  Boxes of little plastic game pieces from China get super intense scrutiny.  We can only hope that customs is as vigilant in checking out any heavy crates comeong from Somalia, Iran or North Korea.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Mine got picked for intensive exam. Held 10 business days and I was charged another $300.00 for it! I should have mine on Friday, hopefully FMG gets his quicker than I did.

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

Mine got picked for intensive exam. Held 10 business days and I was charged another $300.00 for it! I should have mine on Friday, hopefully FMG gets his quicker than I did.

So customs CHARGES you extra on top of the long delay?  For crying out loud, how do they expect small businesses to turn a profit?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

So customs CHARGES you extra on top of the long delay?  For crying out loud, how do they expect small businesses to turn a profit?

I let him know that exact concensus. Went in one ear and out the other. I was very upset.
    I work two jobs and they tax and charge and still want more!

• '10

There in!  THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!  ALL OF THEM!!

No more delays.  EVERY order shipping!!!

Thank you all for your patience and support!!!

Jeremy

• @FieldMarshalGames:

No more delays.   EVERY order shipping!!!

Jeremy

That’s one fat eagle.  ;)

• '21 '18 '17 '15

@FieldMarshalGames:

No more delays.   EVERY order shipping!!!

Jeremy

We should all have them by christmas then, woohoo……

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m