Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• I know this is off topic but the original Shogun is a great game. If you are on the fence for Ikusa it has my vote. It looks identical to the original.

• Anyone has received the italian units?

• TripleA '12

Nope. Were they supposed to have been shipped to customers recently? If so, I must have missed that news.

• Customizer

On another thread, Jeremy gave a date of 9/20/2011, but didn’t actually say that was the release date.
    On FMG’s website, it says a “September Release” for the Italian units.
    So, I guess we all have a little longer to wait.

• I don’t know if any one else noticed, but the German sculpts we’ve seen so far look very much like some of the German units in Tide of Iron. Especially the Tiger, mech infantry and truck. Also the Flak 88 looks almost identical, but that one was up for remodeling I think.

Now, one might say that a Tiger looks like a Tiger and so on, but that’s not quite true. Different games have different sculpts and they all differ a little bit from each other. A Tiger from M44 doesn’t look exactly like a Tiger from A&A Miniatures, for example. The Tiger and mech infantry from M44 are different from FMG:s sculpts, but the ones from ToI and FMG are almost the same, apart from the size. Coincidence?

• conspiracy theories

• '10

I think we covered this topic already?

MANY examples were given to sculptor as inspiration.  EACH UNIT was done from scratch based on these many examples.  Of course a Tiger Tank will look similar to other Tiger Tank models!?!?

• Customizer

@Razor:

conspiracy theories

No - seriously.  Look at the weapons the Germans are holding - some of those rifles are the same rifles as the infantry from OOB!  (I always thought that they were mass-produced, but we now know that each country had an army of gunsmiths so…)

:wink:

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I think we covered this topic already?

MANY examples were given to sculptor as inspiration.  EACH UNIT was done from scratch based on these many examples.  Of course a Tiger Tank will look similar to other Tiger Tank models!?!?

The thing is, they look similar to one very specific set of other units, namely Tide of Iron. It’s not just the Tiger, it’s the truck, mech inf and 88 as well. Just something I noticed. Maybe it’s the same sculptor?

They look good, so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

• @Lozmoid:

Nope. Were they supposed to have been shipped to customers recently? If so, I must have missed that news.

They seems available on FMG site… can’t wait…

• '10

Enough with the conspiracy theories.  Personally I don’t give a rat’s asss if they look similar to some other pieces.  As long as they look good, that’s all that matters to me.

• Customizer

@Raeder:

The thing is, they look similar to one very specific set of other units, namely Tide of Iron. It’s not just the Tiger, it’s the truck, mech inf and 88 as well. Just something I noticed. Maybe it’s the same sculptor?

I really don’t understand the complaint.  So Tiger tanks in Tide Of Iron don’t look like Tiger tanks in any other WW2 game?  An SdKfz 251 in Tide Of Iron doesn’t look like an SdKfz 251 in any other WW2 game?  An Opel “Blitz” truck in Tide of Iron doesn’t look like an Opel “Blitz” truck in any other WW2 game?
    But wait, now apparently FMG has “copied” those models.  OH MY GOD!  How can we deal with these copies?  Of course, FMG’s pieces will be much smaller to fit in with A&A size pieces, but they will still look so much alike.
    This is a really weird thing to complain about.  I can’t help but wonder just what you were expecting FMG to come up with.

• @knp7765:

@Raeder:

I really don’t understand the complaint.  So Tiger tanks in Tide Of Iron don’t look like Tiger tanks in any other WW2 game?  An SdKfz 251 in Tide Of Iron doesn’t look like an SdKfz 251 in any other WW2 game?  An Opel “Blitz” truck in Tide of Iron doesn’t look like an Opel “Blitz” truck in any other WW2 game?
    But wait, now apparently FMG has “copied” those models.  OH MY GOD!  How can we deal with these copies?  Of course, FMG’s pieces will be much smaller to fit in with A&A size pieces, but they will still look so much alike.
    This is a really weird thing to complain about.  I can’t help but wonder just what you were expecting FMG to come up with.

Who says I’m complaining? Just something I noticed and wondered if any one else had noticed. Apparently that is not the case, so lets move on.

• Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

• @dadler12:

Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

@knp7765:

On another thread, Jeremy gave a date of 9/20/2011, but didn’t actually say that was the release date.

In the context of the 9/20/2011 date given I’m assuming it was a release date.

• I hope Germany is being produced at the factory right now because they will be on a boat for a month.

• Customizer

@Rorschach:

@dadler12:

Its Labor Day, any word on that September release?

@knp7765:

In the context of the 9/20/2011 date given I’m assuming it was a release date.

That was pretty much my guess as well.  I think FMG will get them on 9/20 then ship out all the orders.  Usually, when I order something from FMG, I usually get it within a week.  I hope that stays true.  Already been waiting so long I’m about to burst with anticipation.

• cmon HBG has passed you

• '10

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

We have done more sculpts…. longer process.

And apparently our Factory is RETARDED.  After Germany we may take the contract to a new factory.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

cmon HBG has passed you

We have done more sculpts…. longer process.

And apparently our Factory is RETARDED.  After Germany we may take the contract to a new factory.

Lol!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m