Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• i asume so as i believe he sais that they were

• March 8th is fast approaching. I am stoked lets hope for no more delays and the that the Italian army becomes a reality.

• FMG-Day minus 5

• :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was going to say something about maybe getting a life, cminke, until I realized that I’m hanging out here into the wee hours of the night myself aching for news, so I’d be a hypocrite if I did…

• I like it cminke. Hey Dr. Larsen I guess I need to get a life too I check this site everyday. Lets hope we don’t hear any bad news.

• i alwasy cheack 3-4 times a week no less

• 3 days to go. FMG has to be stoked to see his hard work become a reality. I keep waiting for some news but none. I guess no news is good news.

• is tomarrow the 8th yet? :cry: :-o :-( :-)  :lol: :-D

• '10

@cminke:

is tomarrow the 8th yet? :cry: :-o :-( :-)  :lol: :-D

NO…  Not ready yet.  I am awaiting info from factory.

Will update as soon as I can.

• ok kids lets count down from infinaty!! yey!! lol jk.  this will be done in no time right?

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

NO…  Not ready yet.  I am awaiting info from factory.

Will update as soon as I can.

So now March 8th is no longer a sure thing?  Geez, just one delay after another.

• NOOOOOO. I was ready for some good news. Hoping they might be shipping this week I have a game in the works with my friends I am hoping to have these by then.

• This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

• These are the perils of working with overseas production - in the future you will see more and more production shift back to the US as delays like this are commonplace.

• '10

@dadler12:

This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

This is not how we “Behaved”…  This is the reality of doing something VERY difficult and VERY expensive, and relying on overseas production.  When we posted the Pre-order we were VERY CLEAR, that this was a Project Support Pre-order… that we did not have an ACTUAL DATE.  That we could not guarantee ANYTHING, other than the product would come.

Don’t make me think that I should have just kept the money in my own pocket…  and not bothered.

If you have a pre-order in on this project you are just as much an investor in this as a “customer”.

(Yes, I am upset also at the constant delay.  But comments like this don’t help)

• Customizer

Don’t worry, Jeremy.  I am glad you are doing this, and am patiently waiting for my Italian pieces.

Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future  :wink:

You have my money for this set, and all the remaining sets when they eventually arrive as well.

• @jim010:

Don’t worry, Jeremy.  I am glad you are doing this, and am patiently waiting for my Italian pieces.
    Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future

Agreed.  Jeremy has my full sympathy because I know first-hand how frustrating it is to have something ready on your side of things but to have external factors completely out of your control hold up its final production.  I’ve written three refereed journal articles, two of which took a combined total of twelve years to appear in print after they were accepted for publication, and one of which is still pending even though it was accepted two years ago.  This sort of thing is utterly infuriating, but there’s often little or nothing which can be done to get the last link in the chain (the publisher in my case, the factory in Jeremy’s case) to move more quickly.  So rest assured, Jeremy, that you still have my complete support and appreciation for the FMG pieces project on which you’ve been working for the A&A community.

• '10

@jim010:

Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future  :wink:

You have my money for this set, and all the remaining sets when they eventually arrive as well.

+1

• @dadler12:

This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

And this is exactly why oh so long ago he said he didn’t want to do pre-orders unless absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately the decision was made to have open communication with the customer base, despite having no direct control over the manufacturing end.

Can we blame FMG for wanting these out as badly as the rest of us but being held at the mercy of a factory in China (which long ago passed the point of being able to switch to another supplier simply because of investment)???  Should he have just NOT communicated the information that the FACTORY gave him and left everyone hanging until he had them in hand?

Tough decisions to make … it’s unfortunate the factory has caused so many delays.  Hopefully FMG can get some concessions out of them as a result and then be able to pass those on to us.

• I’m happily waiting. I knew when I put in my pre-order that they’ll get here when they get here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m