Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @FieldMarshalGames:

My latest update is for mid-late Feb

Is that mid-late Feb refer to you getting the final samples for approval or to receiving the finished pieces for order fulfillment?    Is this pushing back the Germany pieces timeline?

• '10

New update.  Product will be ready on march 8th.  ACTUAL PRODUCT

So I am told….

• omg i need more money

• '10

@cminke:

omg i need more money

Sorry, dont look at me!

• '14

@FieldMarshalGames:

So I am told….

Is March 8th when you get the pieces or when they will be produced?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

So I am told….

/mumbles something about Chinese holidays …

• '10

They are finished production on March 8th.  Then they are shipped to me, and to customers who placed a pre-order on this board.

VERY close!

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

They are finished production on March 8th.  Then they are shipped to me, and to customers who placed a pre-order on this board.

VERY close!

Is this March 8 date for the Italian Combat Units alone or does it include the French/ANZAC Combat Dice as well?

• '12

Ok, they look great…but I’m still a touch disappointed with a couple of choices.

I thought FMG said from the start that the PZ III was already set to be in this?  Instead we get two heavy tanks?  The WW2 game did this with the Tiger and Maus already and IIRC it was not an overly popular move.  I had thought (but I certainly may have been wrong) that part of the point behind 2 tanks was to allow some house rule variety.  But it seems the Germans are stuck with “heavy” and “even heavier and slower” as choices.   :-(

And…again we get an AA gun as an artillery piece???  I have hated that since AAE and was looking forward to it getting addressed.  Oh well.  I was hoping the 88 would be included…as an AA gun, and with an actual purpose built artillery piece filling that role.

Maybe the future sets with great coat guy will have what I’m looking for.

• I really really wanted a Panzer III as well.

We already have a heavy tank in the OOB set, and for those who want FMG pieces to “replace” and not supplement, we have the Tiger.

• @knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

VERY close!

Is this March 8 date for the Italian Combat Units alone or does it include the French/ANZAC Combat Dice as well?

The France/ANZAC dice are coming in the same shipment as the Italian units, so they’ll all be sent out at the same time.

• Thanks for the update FMG will be looking for my Italians in mid March. I still plan on buying the Germans but I would have gone with The Mark 4 and the Tiger. The Mark 4 if I am not mistaken was the only tank the Germans used throughout the war. Then you would have a light and heavy tank. I still think the new ones look awesome and at this point I am just happy that this project is being done and the detail that these pieces have. Go Jets 2011

• Customizer

Hey Rorschach,
    Thanks for letting me know about the Combat Dice.  I’m as anxious to get those as I am the Italians.

Hey reloader-1,
    Yeah, I am pretty bummed that we didn’t get the Panzer III.  I was really looking forward to that piece in particular.  Thought it was a done deal, but guess not.  Don’t quite understand why they decided to go with both Tiger I AND Tiger II as both were heavy tanks.  It would have been much better to have one of them be a light tank, especially for house rules.  Still, as far as the detail and craftsmanship go, the new tanks look pretty good.  Looking forward to ordering them.

• Customizer

Hey, did anyone notice that the March 8 finish date will be just 10 days shy of 2 years on this project?  The first post on this thread was March 18, 2009.  An interesting bit of trivia.

• '10

@knp7765:

Hey, did anyone notice that the March 8 finish date will be just 10 days shy of 2 years on this project?  The first post on this thread was March 18, 2009.  An interesting bit of trivia.

The entire first year was just discussion and planning you have to remember.  It took that long to move from “concept” to reality.  Finding the factory, finding/creating sculpts etc was the longest process.  The actual BEGINNING of the project was on January 30, 2010 with the completion of the FIRST SCULPTS.

The first set ITALY was the most difficult to tackle as there was a learning curve for both us and the Factory we are working with.  Not to mention that WW2 Italian models to sculpt were very rare indeed.

Once Italy is released we will see this project really pick up speed.  The Factory knows what we expect, the sculptor is working on future sets while current ones are in production etc…
    The ACTUAL release of Italy will also create funding for the project that has been moving on a thread bare budget for two years, made possible only by sales of Combat Dice and pre-order support from the membership here.

• Keep up the good work, you have done what many have dreamed about but have never actually done.

I just want to tell you good luck. We’re all counting on you.  :wink:

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

So I am told….

So just to be clear.  You’ll have the Italians in stock on the 8th?  They ship out to customers after that?

• '10

@jim010:

@FieldMarshalGames:

So I am told….

So just to be clear.  You’ll have the Italians in stock on the 8th?  They ship out to customers after that?

Production will be complete on the 8th.  I will have them about four days after that and all PRE-ORDERS will ship!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@knp7765:

The entire first year was just discussion and planning you have to remember.  It took that long to move from “concept” to reality. 
    The actual BEGINNING of the project was on January 30, 2010 with the completion of the FIRST SCULPTS.

The ACTUAL release of Italy will also create funding for the project that has been moving on a thread bare budget for two years,

hmmm….  :-o :? :-D

• '10

@LuckyDay:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@knp7765:

The entire first year was just discussion and planning you have to remember.  It took that long to move from “concept” to reality. 
    The actual BEGINNING of the project was on January 30, 2010 with the completion of the FIRST SCULPTS.

The ACTUAL release of Italy will also create funding for the project that has been moving on a thread bare budget for two years,

hmmm….  :-o :? :-D

??? Don’t understand?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m