Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @knp7765:

I have decided to do UK after USA.  I want to finish the Europe powers first.

So, after UK, I would imagine you will do Russia, then France, Japan, ANZAC and China will be last?  Then the “common pieces” set?  Since China will be rather limited (no navy or air force except for Flying Tigers fighter), will you include them with the “common pieces” set to make a more “full” set?  Or, will you simply offer China as a small set at a reduced price from the larger nation sets?

China set isn’t so small… flying tigers, chinese troops, artillery, communist troops and some units that can be used like light T-26 tank and Renault FT-17 tanks… some trucks.

I like to see it with some troops for Axis and Allies “Minor Nations” like Romanians, some romanian tanks, Hungarians and some tanks, Bulagarian troops, Finnish troops, Canadians troops, Gurkha troops, S. African troops.

It could be a set with many types of Infantry and tanks instead to have air and naval units.

• @knp7765:

@GoSanchez6:

I know it is a little late in the game to request this FMG but I had a great idea this evening. Forgive me if this has already been brought up. I think Axis and Allies control markers are cheap and what I have seen from your company my idea I think would be awesome. Picture this a German infantry unit holding a banner\flag with the iron cross or whatever German symbol you want on it. Use a decal to fit on the flag. Like my Napoleon in Europe game. Do every nation. Imagine looking at your board from a distance it may resemble some of the maps you saw generals pouring over during the war. If this has already been posted I apologize for wasting your time. I think these pieces would be fantastic FMG. Especially since what I have seen so far. Let me know what you think guys.

So, instead of a little round control marker to mark your foriegn territory conquests, you would have a soldier with your country’s flag to mark all your conquered territory?  That actually sounds pretty cool.  I could just picture a bunch of little German flags on a bunch of Russian territories, or Japanese flags on Chinese territories.  That would certainly add a little more “fringe” to the game.

You mean something like this.

DSC02628.JPG
    DSC02630.JPG
    DSC02629.JPG

• @Johnson73:

@knp7765:

@GoSanchez6:

I know it is a little late in the game to request this FMG but I had a great idea this evening. Forgive me if this has already been brought up. I think Axis and Allies control markers are cheap and what I have seen from your company my idea I think would be awesome. Picture this a German infantry unit holding a banner\flag with the iron cross or whatever German symbol you want on it. Use a decal to fit on the flag. Like my Napoleon in Europe game. Do every nation. Imagine looking at your board from a distance it may resemble some of the maps you saw generals pouring over during the war. If this has already been posted I apologize for wasting your time. I think these pieces would be fantastic FMG. Especially since what I have seen so far. Let me know what you think guys.

So, instead of a little round control marker to mark your foriegn territory conquests, you would have a soldier with your country’s flag to mark all your conquered territory?  That actually sounds pretty cool.  I could just picture a bunch of little German flags on a bunch of Russian territories, or Japanese flags on Chinese territories.  That would certainly add a little more “fringe” to the game.

Where can i buy them???

• Pretty cool! Axis and Allies is one of the few ranges that I don’t field a Confederate force
    of some kind.

• Customizer

@Johnson73:

@knp7765:

@GoSanchez6:

Man, those are really cool.  I would love to have those for my game.

• @GoSanchez6:

To continue my thought. Have the soldiers carrying flags using iconic images of the war.
    USA Marines on Mt Suribachi. U.S.S.R soldier planting flag in Berlin. Japan. Soldiers waving arms up in triumph around the rising sun. Germans. Soldier goosestepping with  banner.  Italy and Britain I will have to think about. France waving a white flag. Just kidding. What do you think FMG.

Frankly, these would look amazing on the board. However, I am against the idea of including them as a replacement for the roundels. It would just clutter up the board too much and would just look odd with a dozen German flags all over Russia, without any in Germany itself. Maybe they could be used for a “Morale boost” rule?

• Any news about the shipment of Italian pre-order units?

• Hey Mr.Black the clutter  was my concern on these but I figured since FMG was already doing these pieces it might be just another upgrade. How cool would that pacific look with marines holding up the flag or the japanes raising there arms in salute. Thanks for your interest.

• ya and how long will the ground/sea shipment take?

• '10

I will post as soon as I have news.  Right now (I posted this a few pages ago) I am waiting on the FINAL samples.

I expect the release to be in Feb.

Thanks

• ok your doing good, the puck is in there end keep it there.

• hey FMG i have a question about the russians. are you going to to them like the germans and have one set your colors and one set closer to OOB?

• i dont think there a need for that.

• '10

@Lunarwolf:

hey FMG i have a question about the russians. are you going to to them like the germans and have one set your colors and one set closer to OOB?

No, the Russians will match COMBAT DICE colors

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Lunarwolf:

hey FMG i have a question about the russians. are you going to to them like the germans and have one set your colors and one set closer to OOB?

No, the Russians will match COMBAT DICE colors

If that’s the case, I think they will look more like the burgandy colored Russians from early versions of A&A Europe.  That’s fine with me now.  After seeing the Italian and German pieces and marveling at such incredible detail, I will be keeping these separate from my OOB pieces so I no longer care if the colors match or not.  Plus, maybe lighter colored Russians will show up better when I drop them on my brown carpet.  I have a heck of a time spotting my current Russian pieces.  Actually, my Italian pieces are worse because they are almost exactly the same color as the carpet.

When do we get to see some USA sculpts?  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

• for get american there the the door step when are we gona get to see the japs(not order, but time frame)

• These next few weeks will seem as if they are going in slow motion because I am that excited to finally have these units in my possession. About what, three weeks?

Also, will Germany be done in Gray first? Thanks

• @Stickman:

These next few weeks will seem as if they are going in slow motion because I am that excited to finally have these units in my possession. About what, three weeks?

Yes, Germany will be Gray first.  And I believe Jeremy confirmed that the Black version will only be available after the release of all other nations.

I’m fine with Dice russian red, but does that mean that the US units will match the super saturated hints of blue Kelly/Forest Green?  I assume so, but that’s a much bolder color and far more visibly different from OOB units than the other nations.

• @kcdzim:

@Stickman:

These next few weeks will seem as if they are going in slow motion because I am that excited to finally have these units in my possession. About what, three weeks?

Yes, Germany will be Gray first.  And I believe Jeremy confirmed that the Black version will only be available after the release of all other nations.

I’m fine with Dice russian red, but does that mean that the US units will match the super saturated hints of blue Kelly/Forest Green?  I assume so, but that’s a much bolder color and far more visibly different from OOB units than the other nations.

can you quote these for me i alwas thought it was the other way black than grey.

• Customizer

@kcdzim:

You know, as far as the Combat Dice goes, I always thought that the USA dice color looked more like the US Marine pieces from the original A&A Pacific game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m