Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• well said.
    and i dis agree…with my self i think now that the larger thay are the better details cand be placed on them. as long as ther no freakishly huge like TT’S (sorry TT) than they will blend in with wotc’s…with the aaa board . (they wont blend w/ wotc’s pieces… they will surpass.)

• '10

GERMAN COMMANDER UNIT

ROMMEL.jpg

• I love, love, love how Rommel looks.

Just two suggestions:

Maybe make a version with him wearing a belt and goggles on his cap.

And his boots need to look higher and sleeker like a general or officer. They look like enlisted men boots.

• Maybe make a version with him wearing a belt and goggles on his cap.

And his boots need to look higher and sleeker like a general or officer. They look like enlisted men boots.

Making these pieces is not exactly like making pancakes! It takes a couple of thousand dollars to just get to that picture. What they kindly offered you is the glimpse of the prototype mold. I hardly think ( and think along with me) that they will spend another $2,000- $3,000 to get a new prototype of a version “with belt, and googles, and pink polka dot dress”

If you really love it as you have stated, let it be

Its not time to make changes at this point. All of that was heard in countless posts before they even started the process of spending many thousands on these pieces.

What you see is what you get and its great already.

• '10

@Zwolf87:

I love, love, love how Rommel looks.

Just two suggestions:

Maybe make a version with him wearing a belt and goggles on his cap.

Didnt know it was Rommel. Thought it was Manstein.

• '10

It is just a German Commander, not specificly Rommel.  That is just what I called the file.

• Customizer

Looks great.  You will have my $ on this set as well.  Already bought an Italian set.  Looking forward to preordering the Germans as well (in black …).

• Customizer

Oh wow - my paint brushes are rattling to get to the Germans…

• same. no that im going to start a cource that is offerd in the area for small scale minis

• Good GOD that looks incredible! What material is used in these sculpts? It almost looks like a wax…

More of an observation than a complaint, don’t want to come off as whiney or start any fires: he has the same kind of head thing going on as the infantry but at least it’s consistent. It’s almost like you have different artists sculpting these than the Italians.

Again, how can I pre-order a whole set? =P

• '10

@jim010:

Looking forward to preordering the Germans as well (in black …).

You won’t be able to get them in black until all the other main countries have been completed.

• This project is really looking sweet FMG!

• I say do Black first.

• Customizer

The commander looks fabulous.  I don’t understand what some of you guys are talking about with the head on the commander and Infantry #1.  They both look fine to me.

Boy, the sculpts are coming fast on Germany.  By my count, we have sculpts for more than half already (10 out of 18).

• Customizer

By the way reloader, I agree with you.  I want black pieces too.  I understood from the poll a while back that there was enough people that wanted black that Germany would be offered in both grey and black.  Now FMG says black will only be offered as a “special” set later on after the six major nations are complete.  Looks like we will have to wait until then.

• German field uniforms were Gray.  So they should be gray.  It’s also hard to have SS units when they are all Black.

• will the complete set package include black german pieces as an option

• Johnson, not that argument again!

So the French wore blue uniforms in WWII? And the Japanese had orange uniforms? I don’t really remember maroon uniforms for Russia…

This game is an abstraction. If we had exact uniform colors for all the countries you wouldn’t be able to tell the units apart.

• good point.  I just like gray.

• Customizer

The main reason that a lot of us wanted the black German pieces is because we wanted to be able to use the FMG pieces along with our existing WOTC pieces.  FMG’s plan was to make different units from what WOTC put out.  For example, WOTC’s German tank is a Panther, so FMG’s tanks will be the King Tiger and Panzer III.  This way we , or at least those of us that want to use both, could have an even wider range of models to use on the game board.  I still want to do that, at least to some extent.
    However, after seeing FMG’s gorgeous sculpts, I must admit that my thoughts are straying toward the other side of keeping the FMG pieces and WOTC pieces seperate.  The main reason is the naval sculpts.  Since FMG is using the great Bismarck (or Tirpitz if you prefer) for the German battleship, I’m afraid that the WOTC German battleship would just look sick next to it.  Same goes with the Graf Zepplin aircraft carrier.  
    By the way FMG, I just love that you can see little gun turrets on the Graf Zepplin.  AMAZING detail!!

Also, once I get my FMG Italian units, I’m not sure if I will even use the WOTC Italians again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m