MAG= Massive Action Game 256 players online!

• Has anyone heard of it?  It looks like fun beacause there will be actual stratagy instead of every man for himself.  I can’t wait to get a PS3 so I can get it.

• I have heard of this and even briefly played the open Beta test. It was not for me.

First off I’m only recently into shooters having been in the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta and MAG was not new guy friendly. BC2 was instantly fun to me. I got killed a lot but I felt like I was improving rapidly and did pretty well driving or gunning in a tank and despite feeling a bit out of my depth I was having fun.

MAG was not instantly fun and I’m still not quite sure what our objectives were and I never seemed to make it very far in any direction before getting sniped.

I’m not saying it wasn’t any good, just not for me. It was much more ‘hardcore’ to me and if you aren’t with a group of guys that are working together it seems like the fun factor will go away pretty quickly. I thought it would be fun to get to be OIC of a big 128 man battle but given my skill level at shooters earning the credentials for that seemed out of reach.

As far as I could tell, the game looks good with decent graphics. The map was huge and the controls felt sharp enough. But it is certainly a team game. Had I been in a squad or something with some guys willing to show me the ropes or something I may not have bailed as quickly on it. I also really only got to play it one morning near the end of the test, so I no doubt didn’t get the best look at it.

I’m still considering picking it up but I have a little bit of a backlog of games and some projects needed attention and will be getting Bad Company 2 and God of War III come March so I don’t really have room for this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m