• After a couple of games of AA42, my friends and I wanted to change things up a bit.  We came up with the idea of having Germany & US vs UK, Soviet Union and Japan.  We haven’t tried it yet but we think it might work.  We also had the idea of have an “every man for himself” match where no one has allies.  If anyone has input or suggestions, feel free.

• There are plenty of variations you can use. You can play Risk-like, where each player rolls a die and the highest roller chooses first 1 territory as his capital and then the other players do so as well. Capitals are worth 10 IPCs, all other territories 2 IPC. Give to each player 100-250 IPCs for the initial buys and have fun.

• I like Germany-US vs. the rest, that seems viable.

• Customizer

i built a Six player free for all version of the game (can also be 3 player, or 2 player, if each player picks an extra country)

capitols are worth 12, all other territories worth 3, and each player starts with a 250 ipc bid
    there were also a couple other rules changes, like canals did not need control of the territories, and panama did not connect to venezuela (because usa got too powerful otherwise)

anyway, check them out on TripleA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

if you download the map called: WW2v4, you will automatically have the 6 player free for all games included with it.

• @Veqryn:

i built a Six player free for all version of the game (can also be 3 player, or 2 player, if each player picks an extra country)

capitols are worth 12, all other territories worth 3, and each player starts with a 250 ipc bid
    there were also a couple other rules changes, like canals did not need control of the territories, and panama did not connect to venezuela (because usa got too powerful otherwise)

anyway, check them out on TripleA: https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

if you download the map called: WW2v4, you will automatically have the 6 player free for all games included with it.

Is there a 1942 version available on that site?

Thanks.

• O yeah, great for Play by Email.  WW2v4 is AA42.

• Here is what we do from time to time
    Add up all the starting units value for start up
    USA        236
    Japan      255
    Germany  321
    USSR      168
    UK          226

At start up; You can pick / build what ever units you want per territory  as follows
    You can double what ever the value of your territory is piece wise
    ( example )  If india is worth 3……you can put 6 units there for build up / set up
    Capital cities are unlimited
    You can put IC in any territory you want… but it does counts as a unit and you can only produce what the IPC value is per turn for new units
    we roll the dice after set up to determine which power starts first
    We also roll a dice each for starting tech after order is estabilished
    this is a fun way to play every once in a while

Good luck

• You could place 1 country marker from each country into a bag or hat and randomly draw a marker to decide turn order.

• @habs4life9:

I like Germany-US vs. the rest, that seems viable.

That does seem like the best way to go but I’d probably play around with turn order.
    1. Russia
    2. Germany
    3. UK
    4. US
    5. Japan

• We keep the same play order as the rules say,  with the exception of:  Some times we roll to see what power starts first.  This makes the game interesting and your strageys have a bit of a change up
    Try it some time AA fans……It can be really fun and challenging

• @supremacy:

We keep the same play order as the rules say,  with the exception of:  Some times we roll to see what power starts first.  This makes the game interesting and your strageys have a bit of a change up

But wouldn’t Germany going first mean an Axis win almost automatically? Getting to keep West Russia’s units, killing the Leningrad fighter, and taking Caucuses all on the first turn?

• @Fleetwood:

@supremacy:

We keep the same play order as the rules say,  with the exception of:   Some times we roll to see what power starts first.   This makes the game interesting and your strageys have a bit of a change up

But wouldn’t Germany going first mean an Axis win almost automatically? Getting to keep West Russia’s units, killing the Leningrad fighter, and taking Caucuses all on the first turn?

But if UK and Japan go first against US, that could really help the Allied team.

• @habs4life9:

I like Germany-US vs. the rest, that seems viable.

UK woudl get killed instantly

• I’m not so sure because there is not a threat to India from Japan so UK could concentrate solely on its capital.  If Japan pushes the western United States and the Soviets keep the Germans busy, then I don’t see how UK would automatically fall.  At least for 3-5 turns.

• @pmelmike:

I’m not so sure because there is not a threat to India from Japan so UK could concentrate solely on its capital.  If Japan pushes the western United States and the Soviets keep the Germans busy, then I don’t see how UK would automatically fall.  At least for 3-5 turns.

Yeah because Germany is going to still have to keep Russia off it’s back and Japan could be sending stuff through Asia to help. Sure their Atlantic Navy will most likely get wiped out, but their Pacific navy will survive and Japan could shadow it into the Med. The US would be down four IPC’s almost immediately in Asia too.

I really want to try this. I think it would be a lot of fun.

• @Derek77:

O yeah, great for Play by Email.  WW2v4 is AA42.

Could you give us a link to that? I would really like to play A&A1942 online, but can’t seem to find it anywere. Thanks

• @Troels:

@Derek77:

O yeah, great for Play by Email.  WW2v4 is AA42.

Could you give us a link to that? I would really like to play A&A1942 online, but can’t seem to find it anywere. Thanks

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki  Download the latest unstable version.  When you run the program, you will need to download the map WW2v4 to play AA42.  Select ‘download maps’ and enter this address:http://sites.google.com/site/tripleaerniebommel/home/mods/TripleA_Quality_Mods_EB.xml

• Customizer

This link contains EVERYTHING you need to know about triplea, including:
    where to download the latest version
    where and how to download maps
    how to host a game
    and more…

http://n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-tp4074312p4074312.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m