• Just to clarify u cannot move the units or replace them but they instead turn into IPC that could be spent on the first turn so putting artillery on Amur would not work. These IPCs would go to the power who’s units were removed

• Sponsor

The Russian cruiser and sub in the Baltic Sea.

• Hmm great question.

The Russian navy’s a great choice. My second option would probably be the UK bb off Malaya. It’s too isolated and out of position to really do any good and it’s too expensive of a blocker. Instead turn that bb into some Indian ground pounders to help stave off an early India take.

• '19 '17 '16

Most of the AAAs on the map.

The Mechs in USA.

ANZAC Cruiser and inf on NZ.

UK_Pac Tac.

A couple of the inf starting in Rome. Losing 2 would allow buying a CV I1.

And all the fleet people above have mentioned except the Barents sea sub.

Perhaps some of the inf starting in Berlin? Buy some art G1 instead.

• '19

I would be interested to see what type of balance (if any) this could bring to the game.  I think there is some real potential with this idea.

• '19 '17 '16

So bids would become a limit of how much you can remove from the board and get refunded? That’d be interesting.

• Sorry to misunderstand, UltimateChaos.
    Then perhaps, I would swap the isolated Pacific Battleship for those UK Med units instead (DD and two Subs in 98).
    If each nation could do it, then I would lose the Russian ships and have some two Mech and two Art in Amur.

• I would go with the Russian cruiser and sub as well.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Unconventional idea which is not allowed by the current bid system, it would be interesting to swap the cruiser for a bomber in Amur and to place the sub in the Pacific. That enables killing sea zone 20 cruiser and transport which would set Japan back significantly.

After sinking these two ships the bomber would project threat across the Pacific and help making the Far East Soviet troops a more potent offensive threat.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm, but you could bid a bomber in Amur. It’s a major gamble though.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@simon33:

Hmm, but you could bid a bomber in Amur. It’s a major gamble though.

Correct.

Two bombers would do but it’s just too tempting to beef up on land units for a bid.

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah, the teeth behind 3 artillery for the same price is much more.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Yes, with 24 IPCs you can…

Add one infantry in UK, one in Scotland (makes Sealion hazardous and unlikely). More freedom to scramble on G1.

One infantry in Yunnan (dicey battle for Japan), one in Hunan (somewhat dicey battle) and 3 artilleries in the Russian far East territories (increases the punch of the 18 infantries there).

With bids higher than 24, Egypt can be reinforced further. Then there is the typical sub in 98 that people really like. Well placed land units are very hard to beat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m