Anti-Tank capabilities for anti-aircraft units (1940 game)

• Germany had the consummate anti-tank gun of WW2 with the 88mm to devastate Allied tanks. Starting on turn 2, as an option, flak units have the additional capability of being used in battle with A2 D3 M* factors. It cannot be used in both anti-aircraft and anti-tank capacities in the same turn, nor can it hit aircraft in regular combat.  To be used in attacking, it must be towed in a combined arms capacity by either tank or mechanized units.  Tank units can only used in combined arms with flak or tactical bombers, not both in the same attack.  Starting with turn 5, the US, UK, and USSR player can use this rule - representing the use of the 90mm, 17 pounder, and 100mm.

• Sponsor

@Carolina:

Germany had the consummate anti-tank gun of WW2 with the 88mm to devastate Allied tanks. Starting on turn 2, as an option, flak units have the additional capability of being used in battle with A2 D3 M* factors. It cannot be used in both anti-aircraft and anti-tank capacities in the same turn, nor can it hit aircraft in regular combat.  To be used in attacking, it must towed in a combined arms capacity by either tank or mechanized units.  Tank units can only used in combined arms with flak or tactical bombers, not both in the same attack.  Starting with turn 5, the US, UK, and USSR player can use this rule - representing the use of the 90mm, 17 pounder, and 100mm. Â

There’s a lot about this I like… It’s unclear to me if you meant for this special ability to apply to all nations or just Germany (I would prefer all nations have it). I like keeping the 5 IPC cost and that it must be towed by a mech or a tank (as everyone knows that I would like that mechanic applied to artillery, but would definitely settle for AA guns moved this way). However, I would only give them an @1 attack and an @1 defense each combat round, but they can choose from aircraft to tanks during combat if they skip one combat round to make the switch (although I’m sure the gun will be used as a casualty by then).

• '17 '16

I would be simpler.
    A1 if towed (M2 max), D1 each round against either Tank or Aircraft, not both in same round.
    Cost 5

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m