• I think the 3 rules of playing Allies are:

• defend Moscow
    • defend Moscow
    • defend Moscow

Thats so right. And its quite easy post sealion.
    Voted you up.

• Hitting Spain with the US is also a viable option. Or even have the US land in France or Italy. The US could also commit to the Pacific combined with the Red Dragon Strategy can really ruin Japan’s field day in China and in SE Asia.

• I agere!

I do think its best to fokus more on Japan r1-4 and then attack europe when germany is pushing into russia and luftwaffe is bussy there.

• I think Europe should be done first for rounds 1 - 4 for the US to put up a fight against Germany and Italy. Then focus on the Pacific until Japan becomes utterly useless. You dont have to kill Japan , but make it so it cant function. Because it is an island it can be surrounded and depleted of resources. Same goes for The United Kingdom.Germany however is not a island and can break out of a stack of land units  But that is my opinion on the matter.

• I can more or less win pacific in 4 rounds in US go kgf.

• The best Allied strategy is:

Observe
    React
    Predict in time.

Observe:
    The soonest you get a picture of what Euro and Pacific Axis are doing and what their basic strategy is (Sealion, Africarun or Rush for Moscow)
    the better you can

React:
    react in the manner of giving Axis player less options.
    I.e.: If Germany purchased TT first Round, react in the manner of stockpile UK London with Inf and Air. If No J1 DOW happened set up and euro Axis is stronger?, prep. US Atl first and so on and start to

Predict:
    where the next battles will be, what you may loose and have to replace.
    I.e.: Germany killed all your russian Inf. bumpers?
    Replace them plus with whatever would make your defence stronger.

In time! So think ahead.
    I am not a firm believer in an all in all Strategy.
    My two cents.

AetV

• @aequitas:

The best Allied strategy is:

Observe
    React
    Predict in time.

Observe:
    The soonest you get a picture of what Euro and Pacific Axis are doing and what their basic strategy is (Sealion, Africarun or Rush for Moscow)
    the better you can

That is a pretty good idea

React:
    react in the manner of giving Axis player less options.
    I.e.: If Germany purchased TT first Round, react in the manner of stockpile UK London with Inf and Air. If No J1 DOW happened set up and euro Axis is stronger?, prep. US Atl first and so on and start to

Predict:
    where the next battles will be, what you may loose and have to replace.
    I.e.: Germany killed all your russian Inf. bumpers?
    Replace them plus with whatever would make your defence stronger.

In time! So think ahead.
    I am not a firm believer in an all in all Strategy.
    My two cents.

AetV

• There are some decisions Allies can make early, that can make Axis life harder.
    In faCT these decisions go a long way in winning the game for Allies.

So, if G1 buy is a Navy, does USSR still withdraw all Far East forces….???

I usuallY do not withdraw more than 6… Just the six in Buryatia go West. The remaining 12+2 AAA go into Amur on R2 or R3, when safe. This is a big headache for Japan on J2/J3 onward…as they have to garrison Manchuria.

Also, USSR1 buy of ALL ART is brutally efficient,  providing a counter in Bryansk on R5

Similarly, if Germany buys IC in Romania or buys Subs and SBRs, then UK1, buy in Egypt of mIC (check Luftwaffe position, to be safe, first) , 4 ART in UK should be fine.

If J1 DOW on USSR, and uses a TR against Soviet FarEast…then Anzac 1 buy of 1 FTR , India 1 buy of 4 Mechs is good or TR for Sumatra, (if existing TR used to kill Ethiopians ).

Etc…

• @Nameless:

This is my personal opinion:

I think Allies are overpowerd in balancemod 2 by a good margin. I also think many players have forgotten how to play Allies.

You might be playing allies wrong!

Most times allies loose is because they fail to keep Russia safe first 10-11 rounds. That is a player playing the game outright wrong.

Here are some tips:

• Kill Italys economy first. All the way so it will never ever recover. This is easy.

• Dont think so much about UK defence as Sealion leads to Russia taking Romania and allies having good time killing Japan.
      Sealion is a death trap for Germany.

• Build ALOT of subs and convoy raid all possible seazones.

• Build a fleet that mirrors the japanese fleet in the pacific. Dont build a oversized fleet.

• Build alot of trannies in the atlantic and the pacific. Then build units and put them into trannies. Dont build to many warships.

• Always trade units with Germany and Japan to slow them down. Send in trannies to annoy them.
      Reward for not doing this is that Germany can focus on Russia and Japan can focus on India. Then you loose.

• As UK. Focus on middeleast and Russia support. Dont build much fleet. You can however build subs and bombers. Wait for US and build trannies when they arrive.

• Empty London of landunits lategame. Send them to fight Hitler.

• Dont loose India and Russia. If you somehow do, move your units away so you can come back and retake it later.

• Dont ever build: Battleships, Cruisers and AA guns. This have not changed.

• Dont build many tanks with Soviet. Its ok to buy Mec though.

• Russia should dow Japan and support China and India. This is because they have time to do so and then turn back to defend Moscow.
      Its not like they can stop early german invation anyway.

• Australia should use all its landunits to attack Japan and support India.

Your doing it right if:

You have a big load of UK fighters and mec in Persia area that supports India and Russia.

Have no landunits and AA guns exept newly build in US or Australia because they all went to attack Japan and Germany.

Have alot of subs convoying and some bombers bombing.

Simplified:

1. Attack Italy and make them unimportant.
    2. Focus on containing Japan but send a small US taskforce to Europe.
    3. When Japan is somewhat contained attack Germany 100% with US.
    4. If Russia falls. Move your oversized Russian stack Vologda or Samara. Big problem for Germany.
      Keep Germans away from the middeleast. Now UK/India is the new Russia.

Do not plan on defending.

Do anyone else have something to add please post here.
    It is okey to disagree with me.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I think US should build all on europe R1 because the US doesn’t have a starting force strong enough to threaten Germany or Italy and then the next turns start building more on the pacific to contain Japan. Of course once that happens purchase 100 or almost 100% on europe to start landing in europe.

I also have to agree with aequitas et veritas about observing and reacting it’s really important especially if you are US.

• What about an english strategy of industrializing the middle east?  Take Iraq and Iran on turn 1 and build complexes in egypt, iraq and iran.  The fleet/airforce from india can sure up defense of the middle east until production is up and running.  Building mechanical infantry in the middle east can help ensure india does not fall to japan or truck into russia with air support.

• The British Middle East Strategy can be a good way to go when Japan does J1 because the US has to commit to the Pacific in the long run. The US cannot help the European Powers during late game. Most of what the allies do is based off of G1 and J1. Not as much as I1. If the US commits to the Pacific in the long run, there will be about 4 rounds where the US builds in the Atlantic with a huge fleet with transports and capital ships placed in SZ 91 can force the Axis to spend more money on the western front instead of the Eastern Front where Russia does either the Red Dragon or Red Menace(Tanks and Infantry + Offensive Actions) can push back the Euro Axis while the US Econ is used to destroy Japan.

• What is J1? Japan attack non china allies in pacific?

As Japan, I once attacked allies on turn 1, no one took me seriously and I won the game by turn 4.

• Here is a video explaining J1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blOBZmTnyOE&list=PLzOlaTt7vH9D55QOJBbsalWqmLvkp20-P&index=2

Check out the Cliffside Bunker , he makes some good videos

• '19 '17 '16

@TripleAplayer:

What is J1? Japan attack non china allies in pacific?

As Japan, I once attacked allies on turn 1, no one took me seriously and I won the game by turn 4.

He means DOW J1.

DOW = Declaration of War
    J1 = Japan’s first turn.

J1 DOW can be a devastating tactic but it can also go bad quite quickly.

• J1 can be very devestating to the allies and there is almost no way to get around it.

• Also(if anyone is still on this board) a good way to go is placing a US fleet at 91. It can go multiple ways. Norway(Most Likely leave it for UK), Western Germany(wait for another landing and needs a sizable force to take and hold) , Spain(turns neutrals pro axis) , Morocco(Can resupply forces here but lacks any actual help for Allies), Rome(might jump the gun but knock out an axis power). These are viable options for the US. As for the United Kingdom, I usually go after Italy to at least reduce them to a land war in Russia with Germany. This idea needs the Persian Factory in order to function properly. Another way to go is to have the UK take Norway and become a thorn in Germany’s side. A minor IC here for the UK will eventually allow a push into Eastern Europe and possibly into Berlin. If you combine this with the Red Dragon for USSR, you can fight Japan with Russia and Fight Germany on multiple fronts with the UK.

As of right now, there is no way to stop a DOW J1 , except with a US lead KJF strategy. I think we need to find another way to get around the DOW J1 as the main hurdle. I would be willing to play on Triple A but i need a better computer. But we need to get passed the DOW J1 or at least figure out a sure fire way to hold off Germany while the US is busy in the Pacific. “If there is a will there is a way”. This is causing the too many problems to allow it to go on.

J1 consquences
    1. No operation Sea-Lion
    2. Crushes Allied Units in the Pacific
    3. Focuses US attention on Japan
    4. Moscow falls faster than a normal game
    5. Brings all Allies(except Russia) into war

• '19 '17 '16

UK shouldn’t get on Norway or Spain if the USA can do it. Same with Normandy and Sth France. USA’s IPC are hard to make useful whereas UK can spend them profitably in Africa and the Middle East.

J1 DOW allows the USA into the war earlier than they might otherwise be able to enter it. Major problem is that assuming a couple of German subs survived off Canada, you can’t just go into the Atlantic with your full forces. Your single TT is likely to be mince meat.

Neutral crush on paper seems a good counter actually. Getting on Spain diverts German attention away from Moscow.

• But wouldn’t that leave the Pacific to allow Japan to run rampant, the sub strategy for the US does not work a majority of the time? The neutral crush does not work because you have to
    1. Contain Turkey
    2. Contain South America
    3. Sweden is threatning to the Allies(Unless hit after Spain)

So….
    Contain
    Contain
    Contain

This can stretch the Allies too far. Sometimes Turkey can hard to contain on its own.

The neutral crush would allow more units to exist in Russia and in the defense of France and Germany

The US could go to Norway, but when you can push from more than 2 fronts . UK based in Norway and US in Spain and/or Italy and Russia based in Russia.

So…
    UK - North/West
    US - South/West
    Russia - East

We should do games with these suggestions and come back and explain how they went

• '19 '17 '16

South America isn’t very easy for the Axis to get to. Turkey and Sweden are certainly issues though.

Generally, UK mid east/africa corp hits Turkey. USSR might like to hit Sweden but usually can’t.

Yes, a USA Europe focus does leave Japan largely alone. That’s the trade.

• Im glad we agree on some problems, I just want to find a way to take out Japan without either completly abandon Europe or commit to Europe.

A 60 - 40 economy split should work for the US at the bare minimum

70 - 30 might be better depending on the threat level

UK middle east factory is always a great idea for support
    A Norway factory is good for the Allied Power who controls it(Unless it is Russia, because Leningrad Factory)

For the Spanish Beach head what if the UK hit Sweden and/or Norway to contain it , just like we do with Turkey

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m