• SdKfz 250/1 German Mech/Inf unit.

• '17 '16

@wittmann:

Tiger (of course).
    Very fond of the Swordfish though.

Oddly enough, did you hear of the famous WWII English flying ace who used to take out Tiger tank after Tiger tank by dropping torpedoes on them from his Swordfish biplane?

…Ya, me neither…

@Private:

In my game the ANZAC sculpts are of a higher quality than the other nations’. I have no idea why. I am particularly taken with their infantry…

Maybe because the ANZAC sculpts are some of the newest in the game… the OLDEST sculpts in the game (well, that are still being used today), are the infantry sculpts of the five major powers… those date back to 1984… all other sculpts are newer.

@Private:

but then I cannot tell one tank (or ship or plane) from another so lack due appreciation of such units.

Awww… its’ things like this that should be peeking your interest in equipment… try going to your local bookstore or order on-line something like “Tanks/Planes/Ships of WWII”  You might find a new appreciation for your favorite game.  I’d share you mine, but you’re across the pond.

• @Private:

In my game the ANZAC sculpts are of a higher quality than the other nations’. I have no idea why.

I am particularly taken with their infantry, but then I cannot tell one tank (or ship or plane) from another so lack due appreciation of such units.

I Love the ANZAC’s Sculpts in general except their infantry and Anti Aircraft guns

• '17 '16 '15

I really like the German artillery sculpt. The Italian tank is probably my next favorite.

My least favorite sculpts (that actually see use on the board) are the UK cruiser and ANZAC second edition infantry.

• Customizer

My favorite OOB sculpt would probably be the German AA guns.  I just think they look really cool.

As for HBG units, there are so many great ones it’s hard to choose, but I would probably pick the Tiger I tank.

• @Wolfshanze:

@Private:

but then I cannot tell one tank (or ship or plane) from another so lack due appreciation of such units.

Awww… its’ things like this that should be peeking your interest in equipment… try going to your local bookstore or order on-line something like "Tanks/Planes/Ships of WWII"  You might find a new appreciation for your favorite game.  I’d share you mine, but you’re across the pond.

Somehow, Wolf, I have managed to build a fulfilling life without ever buying, let alone reading, such boring tomes. However if you ever venture over the water, I’d be happy to lend you my copy of “1001 things you never knew you wanted to know about Wehrmacht underwear”. I am guessing that’s just the book for you? :-D

• I have that too, PP. Good bathroom material.

• @wittmann:

Good bathroom material.

Those Wehrmacht underwear designers knew what they were doing! :wink:

• '19 '17 '16

The US P-38 Lightning fighters are pretty darn cool.

Would love to see a P-51 Mustang if there’s ever a new incarnation of A&A, or a Focke Wulf.

• '17 '16

@StuckTojo:

Would love to see a P-51 Mustang if there’s ever a new incarnation of A&A, or a Focke Wulf.

There is a P-51 available with a custom sculpt from HBG… unfortunately, it’s nearly 50% of the size of other fighters… so tiny.

As for a FW-190, there actually ALREADY is an official OOB FW-190 sculpt for Germany, and it’s pretty nice… you can get it with either a purchase of 1941, or ordering some from HBG’s 1941 units.

• '17 '16

@Private:

@Wolfshanze:

Awww… its’ things like this that should be peeking your interest in equipment… try going to your local bookstore or order on-line something like “Tanks/Planes/Ships of WWII” You might find a new appreciation for your favorite game. I’d share you mine, but you’re across the pond.

Somehow, Wolf, I have managed to build a fulfilling life without ever buying, let alone reading, such boring tomes. However if you ever venture over the water, I’d be happy to lend you my copy of “1001 things you never knew you wanted to know about Wehrmacht underwear”. I am guessing that’s just the book for you? :-D

How’d you know?  I actually have “1001 things you never knew about Wehrmacht underwear”… I found the book so riveting I bought the sequel “1002 MORE things you never knew about Wehrmacht underwear” plus the new release of “Toiletries of the Axis Powers: an in-depth study of Germany, Italy and Japan’s most personal sundries”… it’s a must-have read.  I’m saving up for “Toiletries of the Allied Powers”, because I’m sure they had some interesting ones as well.

• '19 '17 '16

@Wolfshanze:

@StuckTojo:

There is a P-51 available with a custom sculpt from HBG… unfortunately, it’s nearly 50% of the size of other fighters… so tiny.

As for a FW-190, there actually ALREADY is an official OOB FW-190 sculpt for Germany, and it’s pretty nice… you can get it with either a purchase of 1941, or ordering some from HBG’s 1941 units.

Thanks. Good to know. Don’t think I’ll be buying 1941 any time soon, so it might just have to be HBG.

• '17 '16

That’s fine… Just go to HBG’s website, and click on the 1941 parts list… 1941 has some pretty good official OOB units that are different and unique from other A&A games… off the top of my head, some of the stand-outs are…

Germany:
    Tiger-1 tank
    FW-190 fighter
    He-111 Bomber

Japan:
    Kongo class Battleship
    Akagi class Aircraft Carrier

USSR:
    JS-2 tank
    Kostromitinova class Aircraft Carrier

USA:
    P-40 fighter

UK:
    Hood class Battleship

• @Wolfshanze:

How’d you know?  I actually have “1001 things you never knew about Wehrmacht underwear”… I found the book so riveting I bought the sequel “1002 MORE things you never knew about Wehrmacht underwear” plus the new release of “Toiletries of the Axis Powers: an in-depth study of Germany, Italy and Japan’s most personal sundries”… it’s a must-have read.  I’m saving up for “Toiletries of the Allied Powers”, because I’m sure they had some interesting ones as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• I love the French infantry sculpts, also the trench coats on the moroccan troops is kinda funny.

• @Fredrico:

I love the French infantry sculpts, also the trench coats on the moroccan troops is kinda funny.

Moroccan troops?  The blue infantrymen with the trench coats are wearing the standard French Adrian helmet, so I always assumed they were regular French troops rather than colonial troops.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m