• Just thought I’d share what our group uses:

The max attack of all of your strategic bombers is capped at the number of enemy units.

It means massing them kinda sucks for attacking and defending.

• '17

I never thought there was anything wrong with spam purchasing bombers as this means Germany might be weak in other areas of required units like ground units.

Even when I play Germany I want to purchase lots of bombers but find myself needing to purchase other stuff in order to get Moscow.

• In our play group we reduced the attack value of strategic bombers - at sea only -to 3. In ground battles we keeped it at 4.
    Ratio: Bombs dropping into water are doing no/less damage than at land where they can still do some damage if they don’t hit exactly.

• '17 '16

That’s the issue how many TPs are baits?

All of them, on near 2 StBs for 3 TPs ratio, increase the effectiveness of attacker while not helping defense.

• '17 '16

@SS:

I kind like wittman"s idea. Bombers shouldn’t get A4 against naval. They should get A2 only against naval.  I always felt bombers had to high of attack values against naval.
    1 to 1 bases with a fig then A3 at naval.
    I’d keep it simple.
    If you keep it A4 at naval then give Cruisers and Battleships AA shot’s for 1 round only at bombers do to there slower moves.

Tweaking with SS heavy bombers on Global War40, it made me think about a way to nerf a bit strategic bombers and keeping D6 dice within an already accepted mechanics (associated with heavy bombers tech). That way, in naval combat StB becomes weaker, as historically the case. But you keep the same combat values for attack in both cases, only you get another dice in regular combat compared to naval combat.

Strategic bomber 1942.2 or G40
    Attack 2*, in ground combat rolls twice per combat round (like Revised Classic Edition Heavy bomber)
    Defense 1
    Move 6-7
    Cost 12
    Damage D6+2

This double @2 provides same rate of success than @4 but instead of just 66.7%  of making a single hit, you get (20/36) 55.6% of making at least one hit and (4/36) 11.1% of making a second hit.

Now, naval combat is only 33.3% rate of success.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m