• @ncscswitch:

@Nukchebi0:

Besides thunderstorms, much of Oregon is just as safe.

Volcanoes…

He got you there.  :lol:

• '19 Moderator

The only thing we have in Arizona is heat… thats what airconditioning is for 8-)

• And a complete lack of water supplies…

• @ncscswitch:

And a complete lack of water supplies…

Well at least the eastern part of Arizona.  The western part has the Colorado River.  :wink:

• When it isn;t a nearly dry trickle from upstream usage :-)

• @ncscswitch:

@Nukchebi0:

Besides thunderstorms, much of Oregon is just as safe.

Volcanoes…

Uh, no. They aren’t active enough to do anything.

• Mt St. Helens, and a few dozen others that can wake up at any time…

• @ncscswitch:

Mt St. Helens, and a few dozen others that can wake up at any time…

Mt. Saint Helens is in Washington.

Edit: Based on my knowledge of Oregon’ geography, there are 8 volcanoes in Oregon that have any real chance of erupting: Mt. McLaughlin, Mt. Bailey, Mt. Mazama (Crater Lake), Newberry Crater, Mt. Bachelor, the South and Middle Sisters, and Mt. Hood. Only one of them, the South Sister, is even remotely near becoming active again.

• But is close enough to do damage to Oregon :-P

• Read the edit.

Anyways, we know that Mt. Saint Helens doesn’t affect Oregon (ash, yes, but otherwise no), because of the 1980 eruption that didn’t.

• Just a matter of which way the wind blows at the time…

And any of those could be active in a VERY short period of time.  None of them are “extinct”, just “dormant”… like St. Helen’s was before she blew her top 20 some years ago.

Oh, and let’s not forget earthquakes either for Oregon…

Last but not least… we are WWWAAAAAAYYYYY off topic :-P:

• I know. Anyways, volcanoes show activity before they erupt. Therefore, they are predictable. You know when it will affect you. I also know that they are dormant. The South Sister has a slight (10 inch) bulge from rising magma, but that is the only one.

Oregon earthquakes rarely happen because the fault near the coast (causing the volcanoes) is a subduction fault, not a linear fault such as the San Andreas Fault.

• @ncscswitch:

Yea WTF?  This started with me saying that I had returned to the boards!!  :x

• @MechanizedWarfare:

@ncscswitch:

right
    so naturally the topics turned to other natural disasters  :mrgreen:

• @ncscswitch:

Gave up earthquakes for thunderstorms and hurricanes eh?

the origin of of offtopicness. pretty sad it was the second reply.

• @cystic:

@MechanizedWarfare:

@ncscswitch:

right
    so naturally the topics turned to other natural disasters  :mrgreen:

I see what you did there.  :lol:

• '19 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

And a complete lack of water supplies…

It actually isn’t as much of a problem as you would think.  There is enough water underground.  We also have an aquifer running to Phoenix from the Colorado.  Nevada has more problems with water than we do.  We have fewer water restrictions than most of the states around us.

• Actually, I have to agree with Connecticut being the safest place. NOTHING happens in Connecticut. :-P

• 2007 AAR League

to close to the coast.  now nebraska doesnt have a whole lot of danger.  much rivers for water, maybe a tornado or blizzard, but earthquakes are nil even though we are on a fault line on the east side.

• @balungaloaf:

to close to the coast.  now nebraska doesnt have a whole lot of danger.   much rivers for water, maybe a tornado or blizzard, but earthquakes are nil even though we are on a fault line on the east side.

too many crazy people.  i’d probably get shot at for “lookin’ at a sign kinda’ funny” or something.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m