• Hi…

New South Wales is 2 ipcs with an original minor complex. Can the Anzac player upgrade it to a major complex?

Thanks BH.

• '19 '17 '16

No. Needs to be worth 3.

You can build another minor complex in Queensland though. Not as good as building one on Asia but it is difficult to figure where. FIC, Persia or Iraq are the only real possibilities and they are distant possibilities.

• Cheers Simon for the respond.

BH

• '19 '17 '16

In fact, Brazil can be reached ANZAC2.

• Once UK transport my ANZAC troops from Egypt to Greece. Italy did a terrible job and fell shortly after. I built an IC with ANZAC on Greece and was taking the Balkans. Axis were very badly playing however.

• One of our house rules is that ANZAC can upgrade the industrial facilities to a 10. We all agreed that is was B.S. that ANZAC could not produce more units to help combat the Japs. In our latest game I drew the U.S. and ANZAC and built a minor in Iraq. Was able to old off the Italians in the Middle East, free Cairo, bail out Stalingrand, and fight into the Balkans. I sent a majority of units from Australia to India to Persia since my U.S. forces destroyed Japan in 5 rounds. So luck played a role in it.

• This one time, at G40 camp, …

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Even with 24 income for 4 or more turns, they don’t need to produce more than 3 units.  a battleship and a strategic bomber cost 32 and that’s only 2 units….

• Customizer

Usually with ANZAC I will buy some land units and transports at first, when they are making little money. Then when they are making more later in the game, I buy mostly planes to send out and back up other Allies in tough spots.

There are a couple of more places ANZAC could possibly build an IC. If Kwangtung is captured by ANZAC while Calcutta is occupied by Japan, ANZAC could build an IC there, although they will lose it once Calcutta gets liberated.
    Another technically possible place is Korea. Sure it is a reach but imagine this. The US has a large fleet controlling SZ6. Russia attacks Korea and loses the battle leaving only 1 Japanese Infantry. ANZAC happens to have a transport or two in range and lands some troops in Korea, kills that lonely Japanese infantry and controls Korea now. If Japan doesn’t have a counterattack force stationed in Manchuria, next round ANZAC could build an IC right there in Korea. Then perhaps they could crank out 3 bombers each round to plaster Japan’s facilities.

• '15

@taamvan:

Even with 24 income for 4 or more turns, they don’t need to produce more than 3 units.   a battleship and a strategic bomber cost 32 and that’s only 2 units….

If the Aussies are buying battleships, they’re either doing something terribly wrong or they’re doing something terribly right.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m