My Global Table & Game Room "Bunker"

• '17 '16 Customizer

I’ve shared this before but thought I’d post an update. I’ve made some improvements to “The Bunker” over the last few years w/ some A&A wall art, a display cabinet and recently I picked up a 1932 Philco radio that I hope to get working again. After adding the dice towers, magnetic scoreboard and putting the game board under Plexiglas and frame that is secured to the table, I topped it off two weeks ago by putting new carpet, padding & trim down. With the “Bunker Bar” for drinks & food it really makes for a very nice setup that makes game days quite nice. Now that I’ve managed to scare up some new A&A friends near & far through this forum, I’m hoping to play on a very regular basis. At least once a month or so. I just love this game!

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/maddog771/library/

• It looks very nice, good job on the memorabilia.

Thierry

• VERY nice Maddox.

Perhaps you could move to the UK and bring it with you?

Cheers
    PP

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Private:

VERY nice Maddox.

Perhaps you could move to the UK and bring it with you?

Cheers
    PP

LOL….don’t tempt me…the way things are going here in the US…especially if Trump or Clinton is our next POTUS  :-o  …might be time to head your way. UK or Ireland.  :wink:

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Thanks for sharing, it looks like a lot of fun.  Got to have a place to play games that are this big.

Where in the USA do you live? (here KCK).

• '17 '16 Customizer

@taamvan:

Thanks for sharing, it looks like a lot of fun.   Got to have a place to play games that are this big.

Where in the USA do you live? (here KCK).

I’m in west Michigan. (lower peninsula)

• Great-looking war room!  The “set decorations” really add to the atmosphere.  And I really like the bevel-edged frame for the game map; the bolts and the glass (or plastic) cover make it look (at least to a naval buff like me) as if it’s an armoured window from the bridge of a battleship, which is an exceptionally cool design.

• That is an amazing Bunker!  The suitcases are a great touch!  I’m 90 miles west of Chicago.  Let me know if your bunker ever needs another member.  I love traveling!

• basement bars are so 70’s … I want one!

Nice game room!

• '17 '16 Customizer

@drummerinheat:

That is an amazing Bunker!  The suitcases are a great touch!  I’m 90 miles west of Chicago.  Let me know if your bunker ever needs another member.  I love traveling!

I sent you a PM. I’ve driven to Chicago & Kenosha to play. I don’t mind traveling either. This game is worth it.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Nice setup man. I appreciate how comfortable it all looks, almost cozy. Honestly, playing an 8-10 hr stretch of A&A can be made much more enjoyable with a good setup and a pleasantly furnished room. Like the bar and the wood paneling. Looks great.

This is a very nice war room. Very awesome memorabilia. It gives it a cool factor. Very nice! :-D

• '14

Love the M-1 Carbine, nice touch!

• Sponsor

An incredible show of passion and dedication to the game, I will contact Imperious Leader and recommend you for a customizer badge. Great game room, your members are very lucky.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@pfc_pander:

It’s fully functional too. My Dad carried one in Korea (He was an artillery man during the war) I have all the attachments for it (30 round mags, bayonette, heat shield, oil tube, etc.) It’s a very fun small caliber weapon to shoot. I like how it adds to the whole war room atmosphere so it just has to be displayed on the wall. I keep a trigger lock on it because I have young children running about and the rest of my hunting rifles are locked up in the safe. If anyone comes across a nice WWII propaganda poster or gadget for sale (from any country) please let me know. I’m really ramping up my collection.

@Maddog77:

@pfc_pander:

It’s fully functional too. My Dad carried one in Korea (He was an artillery man during the war) I have all the attachments for it (30 round mags, bayonette, heat shield, oil tube, etc.) It’s a very fun small caliber weapon to shoot. I like how it adds to the whole war room atmosphere so it just has to be displayed on the wall. I keep a trigger lock on it because I have young children running about and the rest of my hunting rifles are locked up in the safe. If anyone comes across a nice WWII propaganda poster or gadget for sale (from any country) please let me know. I’m really ramping up my collection.

My grandfather was in the 40th Infantry Division in Korea and he told me a story about how carbines were a prized weapon of choice in the infantry. Guys from other units had them and it got around that you could get your hands on one if you went to the showers and waited for a guy who had one to step into the shower. Then they would just take his gun.

He ended up doing just that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m