• They’re legit (been around for several years now too), just very very slow with communications.

• They never responded to my PM, two emails to their website, or the email sent through the PayPal dispute resolution system. Guess I have to escalate it as a Paypal claim to get my refund. It is too bad, really wanted that order…

I read some old threads from years back that they were having fulfillment issues, maybe they are having problems again but to just ignore multiple emails, well, buyers beware.

• Sponsor

@Azpathfinder:

They never responded to my PM, two emails to their website, or the email sent through the PayPal dispute resolution system. Guess I have to escalate it as a Paypal claim to get my refund. It is too bad, really wanted that order…

I read some old threads from years back that they were having fulfillment issues, maybe they are having problems again but to just ignore multiple emails, well, buyers beware.

I’m very disappointed in FMG, this is all to common of a problem with them and very unprofessional.

• I opened up a Paypal claim requesting a refund. They contacted Paypal to let them know the package has been shipped (w/tracking #), so I guess we’ll see what arrives. I’ll update this thread once it arrives.

• Sponsor

@Azpathfinder:

I opened up a Paypal claim requesting a refund. They contacted Paypal to let them know the package has been shipped (w/tracking #), so I guess we’ll see what arrives. I’ll update this thread once it arrives.

I understand your frustration, the notice that your order was shipped should have came from FMG… not Paypal.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I’ve gone out of my way to intentionally not order anything from FMG, unfortunately. Anything I’ve ever seen posted about them has been negative, so I haven’t even wanted to bother. Too bad, I’d like to spread the capital around to more than HBG and Shapeways.

• It’s weird seeing all this negativity for FMG.  I’ve placed at least 5 orders with them, and everything went as smooth as could be.  A buddy of mine just ordered some dice from them, and hot got them fairly fast without any hiccups.

• @ChromiumAgeCollector:

It’s weird seeing all this negativity for FMG.  I’ve placed at least 5 orders with them, and everything went as smooth as could be.  A buddy of mine just ordered some dice from them, and hot got them fairly fast without any hiccups.

Its a fact of retail sales life that people will voice complaints or issues quickly but very few will discuss the postive experiences they have had. So really, not that much of a surprise tbh.

• Sponsor

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

It’s weird seeing all this negativity for FMG.  I’ve placed at least 5 orders with them, and everything went as smooth as could be.  A buddy of mine just ordered some dice from them, and hot got them fairly fast without any hiccups.

Its a fact of retail sales life that people will voice complaints or issues quickly but very few will discuss the postive experiences they have had. So really, not that much of a surprise tbh.

True, however… 90% of the complaints I read are solely about lack of response and communication, which is 100% avoidable. Therefore, returning emails would eliminate much of the negativity resulting in a better business reputation.

• Well, just wanted to update, out of fairness to FMG…

Package arrived today, as ordered.

No response to email, no response to my Paypal complaint, no response to my IM, and almost a month after being ordered…  it’s here.

SO, if you’re patient and trusting, probably safe to order … but not the kind of company for me.

• @Young:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

It’s weird seeing all this negativity for FMG.  I’ve placed at least 5 orders with them, and everything went as smooth as could be.  A buddy of mine just ordered some dice from them, and hot got them fairly fast without any hiccups.

True, however… 90% of the complaints I read are solely about lack of response and communication, which is 100% avoidable. Therefore, returning emails would eliminate much of the negativity resulting in a better business reputation.

Absolutely.

All I’m saying is that we hear the squeaky wheel more than the satisfied customers though. If someone has 100 sales a week and 1 of those has an issue, chances are we will hear about the 1. The other 99 typically just go about their day blissfully unaware of any issues.

I am in no way defending a lack of communication (I would hope there have been no complaints about our communications as I’m pretty on top of it), just responding to the surprise about hearing negativity about (insert company name here).

• @Azpathfinder:

Well, just wanted to update, out of fairness to FMG…

Package arrived today, as ordered.

No response to email, no response to my Paypal complaint, no response to my IM, and almost a month after being ordered…  it’s here.

SO, if you’re patient and trusting, probably safe to order … but not the kind of company for me.

Good to hear you got your order, even with delays and issues!

• Sponsor

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@Young:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

It’s weird seeing all this negativity for FMG. � I’ve placed at least 5 orders with them, and everything went as smooth as could be. � A buddy of mine just ordered some dice from them, and hot got them fairly fast without any hiccups.

Absolutely.

All I’m saying is that we hear the squeaky wheel more than the satisfied customers though. If someone has 100 sales a week and 1 of those has an issue, chances are we will hear about the 1. The other 99 typically just go about their day blissfully unaware of any issues.

I am in no way defending a lack of communication (I would hope there have been no complaints about our communications as I’m pretty on top of it), just responding to the surprise about hearing negativity about (insert company name here).

Yep, that’s how the world is today… for sure. All I know is, if I were FMG I would hire IWNGU to handle my PR department… that’s also for sure.

• '17 '16

Well I didn’t notice this thread till after I ordered from FMG… I ordered a set of Combat Dice from them this weekend, so we’ll see how well/quickly the turnaround is… I found it odd HBG showed sold-out on Combat Dice while FMG showed a bunch in-stock.  So, I guess I wait and see how this order goes.

• As I stated previously, I have never had problems with FMG.  And, I have ordered from them about a half a dozen times.  Please let us know about your experience.

• '17 '16

I’ll be sure to report my experience… most “modern on-line sellers” these days e-mail you when they receive your order, e-mail you when payment is accepted, e-mail when it’s shipped and/or provide a tracking number… from what I read here, seems people are getting their packages eventually, just without any notifications.  I have placed my order, and they acknowledged payment… so I guess i’ll just wait and see when I get it without notification(s)?  :?  :-D

I will post results just to ease minds.

• '17 '16

I just want to mention this, I ordered combat dice from FMG a week ago (last weekend), I was charged immediately… nothing heard since… this weekend (literally 7 days later), I just received a tracking number for shipment from FMG… so, kinda in-keeping with what has been previously said… looks like they’re not swift with orders, or talky with e-mails, but it would seem you do eventually get what you ordered… so many people say bad things about experiences, just want to say its not all bad… looks like I will be getting my combat dice! (eventually).

• '17 '16

Okay… been about two weeks, but I did get my complete order from FMG… including the canvas pouch to hold them in… however, they did dork up my order and now i’m mad… I ordered 30 dice (6 for each of the five countries), but I ended up with 31 dice… I got 7 Russian dice, so now my symmetry is all messed up!  :-D

• '17 '15

I have dealt with FMG three times and their communication is horrible to non-existent. A simple e-mail confirmation of your order is not much to ask?

When I purchase A&A items, I buy in lots from different sites all at once, Shapeways + HBG + FMG. All of the competitors from FMG communicate effectively, I have had to track down someone from FMG, tried Facebook, email from their website and through PM on this site. And on at least one occasion, no response at all. Very disappointing to say the least. Items that were ordered showed up in the mail about a week after the other sites had delivered product, the latter with tracking numbers so I could follow the progress.

Have the dice I want, two Italian Combat Sets and the plane stands I need. I WILL NOT deal with FMG again.

• '17 '16

I concur, their contact is terrible to non-existent, and they are slow to deliver… but at least they do (eventually) deliver… and for some very nice things that you can’t seem to find elsewhere (Combat Dice comes to mind)… it’s worth one poor customer service episode, and a little longer wait time to get something very nice for Axis and Allies that you will have for years… I don’t intend on dealing with FMG again, unless they offer something I can never get anywhere else… but at least they DO deliver (eventually), and I now have my Combat Dice!

P.S.
    I had to toss that 7th Russian die into my “random dice collection can”… you have no idea how that 7th oddball 31st dice messes with someone suffering from acute OCD.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m