• 2007 AAR League

Currently, I have about 975 posts. I am assuming that at 1000 posts I will be changing from an A&A.org submarine to something else.

U-505 the A&A.org destroyer seems antithetical.

So my question is: Is there any way for someone to fix it so that I stay an A&A.org sub permanently?

• You must overcome your fear of change and aspire to be a battleship!

• Flying submarines…  I can see it now :-D

• 2007 AAR League

Delete old posts!!!

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure that takes away from your post count … although it might mess up old topics if someone is reading them and suddenly your post is missing  :lol:

• Nope. If they did I would be south of 1000 posts :)

• 2007 AAR League

@Yanny:

Nope. If they did I would be south of 1000 posts :)

My mistake

• i know the answer to your problem. change your signature so it says “a confused submarine”.  :-D i have no clue on how to fix it, think you just have to bite the bulet or avoid posting forever.

• or subvert the forum rules by posting under a different logon . . . but then you of course wouldn’t exceed 1000 posts.

• U-505,  You went through non-sub phases to get where you are currently.  Why sweat the next phases?  Just consider yourself a “stealthy submariner” disguised as something else entirely! :-D

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t know how much good a sub with wings would be, but a submersible aircraft carrier or battleship might have changed the war. Do I get to have one in the game, then?

• Nah, you will just be a sub masquerading as a FIG or AC.

You may look impressive, but still only a lowly sub at heart :-P

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

Nah, you will just be a sub masquerading as a FIG or AC.

Maybe so, but my progeny will rule the seas and threaten the land. “Look honey, our son just fired his first ballistic missile. I’m so proud.”  :evil:

• @ncscswitch:

Nah, you will just be a sub masquerading as a FIG or AC.

you could be a sub parratrooping in a figter. would the sub break if you droped it out of a plane. :lol:

• @cystic:

or subvert the forum rules by posting under a different logon . . . but then you of course wouldn’t exceed 1000 posts.

That’s what I was going to suggest.  Like a new sub model - the Germans had many.

What about a sub carrier - you know, like an aircraft carrier that dispatches subs instead of aircraft?

@cyan:

you could be a sub parratrooping in a figter. would the sub break if you droped it out of a plane. :lol:

I have a book of short (fictional) stories concerning Germany & Japan winning WW2 called “Hitler Victorious.”  One of the stories is about WW2 still going on in the 50’s or 60’s with Norse gods & goddesses appearing and siding with the Axis (because they support them), except for Loki, who shows half-assed support for the Allies. It’s an awesome story, but it’s about a last ditch effort to detonate a hydrogen bomb in the gods’ lair (where all the top German officials and gods meet).  It involves multiple bombers flying to the North Sea (most get shot down), each dropping mini subs (most are destroyed), with the surviving subs deploying commando teams to place the bomb.  Pretty awesome.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If you think a U-505 Fighter is confused, just wait until he’s a U-505 Heavy Bomber!

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

That’s what I was going to suggest.  Like a new sub model - the Germans had many.

Actually, my avatar is the type XXI. It’s the most advanced model that saw combat. I have pictures of the actual U-505 both during capture and on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago but they are either too grainy or cluttered to even tell that it’s a sub in the picture so i didn’t use one.

• 2007 AAR League

I’m pretty sure deleting your posts will lower your post count … I just did it as an experiment and it worked.

• You know Angelina Jolie had a flying submarine in Sky Captain.

Keep him a sub just let his post count keep climbing. It is the post count you look at to see if someone is a regular poster (to my way of thought) not the “rank.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m