• hello i am trying to learn how to play i have a couple of questions. if a tank is in between 2 unfriendly infantry the infs can’t shoot each other. but if a infantry or artillery was between them it wouldn’t matter? also is there a way to play this by email?  the rules are sorta confusing and they lead me to think an adjacent inf cannot be attacked by a tank (on the tanks assault turn) but the inf can attack it. I’m assuming you do your whole turn then the other player does his turn. do disrupted units get fixed at all if so when. thank you like i said  don’t really understand the rules. if this should go in player help sorry(thought only the aa board games went there)

• 1. Units never block the line of sight of other units.

2. It’s playable by email; check the subforums here.

3. As long as a unit has dice at a particular range it can attack at that range; infantry don’t prevent a tank from firing.

4. The turn alternates between players:

Player A moves
    Player B moves
    Player A places aircraft
    Player B places aircraft
    Player A airstrike
    Player B airstrike
    Player A assault
    Player B assault
    Casualty Phase

5. It’s during the Casualty phase that counters are flipped and/or removed.

Most things such as turn order and casualty phases are fairly clearly described in the rule book; I suggest looking here for them (newest version of the rulebook): http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/AAM_RuleBook.pdf

Turn Order page 11
    Casualty Phase page 12

• thanks alot

• No problem. Always feel free to ask.

• ok none more question when apiece says it attacks with x or has a speed of x what does that mean. like how to you know what x is. heres an example.
    Hand to Hand 12 - This unit has an attack value of X against Soldiers in its hex.

• never mind its the initiative roll that is x right?

• @cyan:

ok none more question when apiece says it attacks with x or has a speed of x what does that mean. like how to you know what x is. heres an example.
    Hand to Hand 12 - This unit has an attack value of X against Soldiers in its hex.Â

None of the actual cards are written that way; Hand to Hand 12 is written as This unit has an attack value of 12 against Soldiers in its hex. This attack ignores cover.

It’s only sites and players writing online that put in the ‘X’ to simplify things, especially if referencing the ability, and changing the number, several times.

• okay, i understand it now. :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m