• Well no one on this forum didnt even know I was gone in the first place.  :roll: Anyways, my point is that I no longer live in California and now call Florida my home now.  So now I can see old people and Jews all the time!!  :lol:  Took me about 3 days to get there on the bus but it was worth it since I stopped by at Dealey Plaza in Dallas on the way.  Ill tell you what, its kidna erie to be there at night, knowing that JFK got killed there.  Anyhow, cant wait to post here some more and be myself again.  :wink:

• Why did you move?

• Gave up earthquakes for thunderstorms and hurricanes eh?

• @ncscswitch:

Gave up earthquakes for thunderstorms and hurricanes eh?

Earthquakes are unpredictable.  They dont play by the rules.  :x

• the safest palce to be is in central Connecticut. some national palce decided it. no natural disaters what so ever.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I disagree.  Alaska is the safest place!  Who’s gunna invade northern bumble-frick Alaska???

• @Jennifer:

I disagree.  Alaska is the safest place!  Who’s gunna invade northern bumble-frick Alaska???

The damn Canadians, thats whom!!  :x

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why in the world would they waste their time with Alaska?  They want Mountana!  It’s warmer there!  You know, a tropical paradise for the Kanucks!!!  That and Michigan, after all, they’d hate to loose to the Red Wings AGAIN!

• @Jennifer:

Who’s gunna invade northern bumble-frick Alaska???

kim jong il doesn’t alska have earthquakes and north korea can only reach alska with its missles.

• Actually, isn;t the Australian outback the most geologically stable and secure from storms area on the planet?  Just sudden T-storms, but little else…

• maybe, but then your still in the australian outback, less safe then connecticut (well, at least parts of connecticut)  :mrgreen:

• with regards to Australia - read Under a Sunburnt (sic) Sky and you’ll realize that it is much less safe than you would think.

• I am just saying that it is geologically stable, that it is far enough inland to not be a risk for hurricanes, no severe winters, and lacks the geographic configuration for frequent tornadoes.

Dry as hell.  Flash flooding at times.  But the “big stuff” in terms of natural disasters seem to be lacking…

• The American outback seems to be pretty hospitable…

• Except for tornadoes and blizzards…

• @ncscswitch:

Except for tornadoes and blizzards…

it’s funny - Winnipeg gets a bad flood every hundred years or so (which we are pretty well prepared for), and the odd bad blizzard (ditto), but no tsunamis/earthquakes/landslides/ice storms/alligators etc.

• @ncscswitch:

Except for tornadoes and blizzards…

I thought the only problems were bad service and cholesterol?  :wink:

• Raleigh is pretty well set also…

We get hurricanes, but to have more than Tropical Storm force effects would require a very precise track, and even then we are looking at  at most Cat2 strength this far inland.  Most of the time any hurricanes or remnants thereof that pass through the area simply end the summer drought :-)  We do have some urban flooding issues, and the fools who built in the flood plain along Crabtree Creek, but that is about it.

Snow… we get it on rare occasion.  And as everyone heard 2 years ago on the news, as little as 1/4" will shut this place down.

Hurricane spun F0 tornadoes happen on rare occasion

And droughts.

We ARE at risk for a Mega Tsunami though, but then again, so is everythign below 1000’ elevation and east of the Appalachians, and there is an old plate boundary about 75 miles west of here in Forsyth County that has actually been acting up a bit lately (several 2.somethings, and one that was clsoe to 4.0) :-P

• Besides thunderstorms, much of Oregon is just as safe.

• @Nukchebi0:

Besides thunderstorms, much of Oregon is just as safe.

Volcanoes…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m