• Kramer loses his cool during a stand-up comedy gig.  Its kinda funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/20/richards.epithets.ap/index.html

There are videos of it but they are crappy quality.  Ill post a good one later.  :wink:

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Kramer loses his cool during a stand-up comedy gig.  Its kinda funny.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/20/richards.epithets.ap/index.html

There are videos of it but they are crappy quality.  Ill post a good one later.  :wink:

He apologized on Letterman tonight.  Not defending him, just bringing ya the good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1aJWPuzpZy0

• He was allowed to perform the next night at the same club, because he said he would apologize on stage.  He failed to do so, and was not allowed to perform there again.

• He’s a B list (at best) actor and comedian.  Who cares?

• I agree, who cares?

• Heres a video of the incedent that I found on youtube.  If you arent signed up for youtube then youre going to have to do so for this video since it contains strong language.  Enjoy!  :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

• @ncscswitch:

He’s a B list (at best) actor and comedian.  Who cares?

He plays weirdos pretty well.  But he aces the racist.

Knowing your material intimately makes it that much easier.

It’s actually a sad thing to watch…

• @Jermofoot:

@ncscswitch:

He’s a B list (at best) actor and comedian.  Who cares?Â

He plays weirdos pretty well.  But he aces the racist.

Knowing your material intimately makes it that much easier.

It’s actually a sad thing to watch…

I dont care for him much either and calling someone a racial slur was uncalled for, but you cant blame him for not cursing him out.  That guy apparently was being a douche to him.  You cant expect to be respected when you dont give somone respect.  If he didnt like his show he should have just left instead of heckling him.  As for “Kramer”, well his career was going no where, and now its not gonna go anywhere at all, which is all good cause I really didnt like Seinfeld anyways.  :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

he got mad and called someone a name, so what.  if a black guy gets mad at you and calls you a cracker, white boy, honkey or the sort, with the intent of hating you on the color of your skin shouldnt that be just as bad.  well liberal pc says no.  , i dont want double standards, either its all wrong or nothings wrong.  why cant you liberals understand that, maybe because you dont understand your own bigotry that is in affirmative action(by definition government mandated bigotry) oh and thats a liberal idea too.

• @balungaloaf:

he got mad and called someone a nigger, so what.  if a black guy gets mad at you and calls you a cracker, white boy, honkey or the sort, with the intent of hating you on the color of your skin shouldnt that be just as bad.  well liberal pc says no.  because liberalism if fucking stupid, for stupid people.  i dont want double standards, either its all wrong or nothings wrong.  why cant you liberals understand that, maybe because you dont understand your own bigotry that is in affirmative action(by definition government mandated bigotry) oh and thats a liberal idea too.    liberals what stupid hypocrits

I don’t get offended when someone calls me a cracker - I think it’s kind of a funny term.  But the term cracker doesn’t have hundreds of years of racial oppression and equality disparity like slavery looming behind it, you insensitive vanilla-faced cracker.

However, he did more than just call someone a simple term.  He went off.  He said that “50 years ago, we would have hung you upside down and shoved a fork up your ass.”  Or something like that.  It wasn’t funny, it was very sincere, and he can think that all he wants, but making it public won’t do much for his career.

• So Kramer thought the dude in the audience was a  :mrgreen:?..I forgive him.  He doesnt seem to have the “white guilt” that so many of the PC types carry on their shoulders…I say call a spade a spade :-P

• i’m kind of sympathetic to Kramer here. 
    DOn’t get me wrong - he said something terribly stupid and racist (obviously).
    It’s just that if he got heckled, in the middle of a routine - that’s pretty rude.  Some clubs actually toss hecklers.  The thing is, a fallen comic-actor, fallen from grace gets heckled during his job loses it - i can kind of see it. 
    Anyway - he has shot himself in the foot, and will probably never perform again in any serious venue (Ed’s sock party?) and that’s fine.  Still, i have a problem acutally believing that he believes what he said.

• @cystic:

i’m kind of sympathetic to Kramer here. 
    DOn’t get me wrong - he said something terribly stupid and racist (obviously).
    It’s just that if he got heckled, in the middle of a routine - that’s pretty rude.  Some clubs actually toss hecklers.  The thing is, a fallen comic-actor, fallen from grace gets heckled during his job loses it - i can kind of see it. 
    Anyway - he has shot himself in the foot, and will probably never perform again in any serious venue (Ed’s sock party?) and that’s fine.  Still, i have a problem acutally believing that he believes what he said.

Stand up comedians should know how to handle hecklers.  Or, more importantly, know how to handle themselves in the face of hecklers…  Maybe it was a bad day, but this guy is old enough to know that a tirade like that won’t go over well.

• as i understand it, kramer (michael richards) isnt much of a stand-up comedian- meaning he doesnt have much experience at it. he’s an actor turned stand-up comedian, usually its the other way around, and stand-up comedians would know how to handle hecklers. that said, still rude.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m