• @ABWorsham:

I bought 41 a few weeks ago, I soon will purchase one of these games. I’ll have both in time. But I’m training two sons in the game. Your thoughts?

Once you play 1940 E an/or P, you’ll never want to play 1941 or 1942 (at least for me). 1942 is however a good option, but the rules in 1940 a diffrent and there are more unit types. Im my gaming group, 1 player used to play the classic edition (from the 80’s)  and the first few games he was confused with the new typical 1940 rules such as airbases, naval bases, bombing raids etc. If you teach your sons 1941, then 1942 and afterwards 1940 they will get confused too because of the variaty of rules.

OT: I say Europe. More diverse battles (land, air and naval) and more diverse nations.

• 1941 is fun. Anniversary is slpplendid. 1940 is magnificent. 1942 well I never played.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 TripleA

I voted Pacific, only because you said which should you buy FIRST, which I assume means you
    will eventually buy both  :-D  I started on Pacific and love the naval aspect to it.

But if I were you, I would get both if you can find them. I have both and even though I mostly play TripleA, I’m glad I have a hard copy of each.

• I went with Pacific not because I think it’s better to buy firts per se but simply because I prefer that game.  The only game I’d played previous was 1942, and I always lamented that the Pacific theater was more of a placeholder and no action among the isles was needed.  1940 answered that well.  I find the gameplay in Pacific to allow for a lot more creativity and options.

• '15

Europe is much more forgiving for new players, and supports 5 people simultaneously. You also have a 2v2 or 3v2 dynamic in the Atlantic, so everyone has a teammate, whereas in the Pacific it’s Everyone vs. 1. Less fun for me at least, especially as a beginner.

I voted Europe like a week ago, but I figured I’d actually post since so many people are suggesting Pacific.

• The poll shows that Europe is preferred.

• '15

@Charles:

The poll shows that Europe is preferred.

My cat’s breath smells like cat food.

• In my opinion Europe is better for a first choice. In my opinion there are simply more strategies and options for either side than Pacific. It can be a completely different game every time. It’s also good if there are more than one players that want to play axis.

Note: I’ve only ever played Europe on its own about 3 times, and I’ve never played Pacific on its own I usually play global.

• I voted pacific I think it is a more fun game.

However, Europe is the game that is most similar to all the other axis-games ever made. In most axisgames the conventional visdom is Kill germany first. That means making a transporbridge to get the american troops to mainland europe. Then it is usually a race between killing germany and japan killing russia.

In europe 1940, you basically play KGF scenario.

• @teslas:

@Charles:

lol

@Kreuzfeld:

I voted pacific I think it is a more fun game.

However, Europe is the game that is most similar to all the other axis-games ever made. In most axisgames the conventional visdom is Kill germany first. That means making a transporbridge to get the american troops to mainland europe. Then it is usually a race between killing germany and japan killing russia.

In europe 1940, you basically play KGF scenario.

Not kill Italy first?

• Sponsor

@teslas:

@Charles:

…and I thought I was a Capitan Obvious!

• @teslas:

@Charles:

:-D

• If this goes any further Larry himself will comment on it!

• @teslas:

@Charles:

If everyone keeps on making off-topic comments like this, then the thread will go off-topic :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m