HBG's new U.S. Expansion Set

• @jwo1984:

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.  Really anxious now.Â

By the way, anyone else get the pre-order for Germany 3 sets? I have.

Can you post some pics?

I think that “get the pre-order” means “placed the pre-order” rather than “received the merchandise.”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

@jwo1984:

@knp7765:

Yeah, I got my shipping notices too.�  Really anxious now.�Â

By the way, anyone else get the pre-order for Germany 3 sets? I have.

Can you post some pics?

I think that “get the pre-order” means “placed the pre-order” rather than "received the merchandise."Â

Correct Marc, no one has received the Germans, because the US is just now shipping to people. Hopefully, the Germans will be soon, a few months after. :-)

• I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG

@Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

If you are talking about the one next to the Liberator in your pic, it is an F6F… I think it was a late addition to the set. maybe that is why they left it out on the website.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@LHoffman:

@Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

If you are talking about the one next to the Liberator in your pic, it is an F6F… I think it was a late addition to the set. maybe that is why they left it out on the website.

F6F hellcat was Pre-Order only for free.
    It will be for sale once all pre-orders are filled.
    Please check out rules for the US Set on the HBG website page and below
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/assets/images/HBG/US2/Rules/United States Set 3 v1.0.pdf

• @Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

Nice!  They look pretty good.  How’s the color compared to the OOB stuff?

@AlphaKappa:

@Buran:

I have just received my US units I have attached some photos.  I was just wondering if what the fifth air unit is?  It looks like an F6F Hellcat fighter.  But there is nothing on the website about it.

Nice!  They look pretty good.  How’s the color compared to the OOB stuff?

HBG Olive Drab color is very close to Global 40 2nd Edition IMHO.

• @coachofmany:

Okay, so you went for the tone of the 2nd Edition pieces.  That’s cool.  It’s a better color, IMO.

• This is HBG’s best set yet! The detail is incredible & the actual units selected are excellent!

The only thing I would like to see is an Iowa class Battleship get the detailed treatment that HBG did for the South Dakota & Yamato

• @C_Strabala:

This is HBG’s best set yet! The detail is incredible & the actual units selected are excellent!

The only thing I would like to see is an Iowa class Battleship get the detailed treatment that HBG did for the South Dakota & Yamato

Oh no… can you elaborate abit on this?? the yamato mould was fantastic in terms of the detail.  I assumed the iowa class would get the same??

@jwo1984:

@C_Strabala:

This is HBG’s best set yet! The detail is incredible & the actual units selected are excellent!

Oh no… can you elaborate abit on this?? the yamato mould was fantastic in terms of the detail.  I assumed the iowa class would get the same??

We try to make pieces that have not been made to achieve a greater variety unless HBG feels the need to make more of a pieces that is in high demand, Hellcat, Trucks, etc. We do plan on doing the Iowa Class in a set down the road but more than likely you will see the Montana first.

• I understand…. Just a wishlist piece for me

• B-29  :-D

• @IdaRed:

B-29   :-D

Yeah I’m surprised that HBG hasn’t made a B-29 yet.

IdaRed and Alpha Kappa, they made the B-29, last year. They had to do it, by using 3D printing. You go to the 3D printed section, on Historical Board Gaming’s website, and the set is called “B-29 Going Nuclear”.

They don’t sell it by itself.

The set comes with the B-29 Heavy Bomber, some bombs, markers and rules. It has been out since, last summer.

I hope this helps.

John

• @coachofmany:

@AlphaKappa:

@Buran:

Nice!  They look pretty good.  How’s the color compared to the OOB stuff?

I don’t know, Coach!  I just bought a few of your new Shermans from a friend and I was pleasantly surprised that they match my 1st Edition US pieces pretty well.   :wink:

These Sherman sculpts are ace.  You guys did a good job with these and now I’m looking forward to getting some of the other ones too.

EDIT:  Okay, upon closer inspection in daylight, I changed my mind.  They are definitely closer in tone to 2nd Edition US.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m