A&A Global 1940 with custom painted pieces

• Teaser preview (taken at the board level and background edited out):

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/1a/9f/c41a9f84107e48f71a94cf3f6f8a92e2.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@iwugrad:

Teaser preview (taken at the board level and background edited out):

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/1a/9f/c41a9f84107e48f71a94cf3f6f8a92e2.jpg

Man, you painted a lot of pieces. I can’t wait to see them. :-D

• Thanks John!  Here’s another shot.  These are Russian units that were sitting on the sidelines of the board.  Not pictured are the battleship Archangel, the submarine “lucky schuka” (not sure I spelled that right, but I did spell it right in Russian on the bottom), and a transport (don’t recall which I modeled).  Each unit was modeled after actual aircraft schemes.  Efforts were made to match actual AA, artillery, truck, and soldier uniforms.  If you look closely, you’ll notice some custom www.historicalboardgaming.com tac bombers and units from various A&A games: either taken from my other games or purchased from HBG.  If you have a keen eye, you’ll also see a couple lend lease aircraft and that some aircraft show wear and/or weathering.  Not pictured are the I-16 units and 1 Tac purchased from HBG that were also custom painted and were placed on the board.

To view the Russian units:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7d/d1/8a/7dd18a1291c9d4e877437c5a92edc72b.jpg

@iwugrad:

Thanks John!  Here’s another shot.  These are Russian units that were sitting on the sidelines of the board.  Not pictured are the battleship Archangel, the submarine “lucky schuka” (not sure I spelled that right, but I did spell it right in Russian on the bottom), and a transport (don’t recall which I modeled).  Each unit was modeled after actual aircraft schemes.  Efforts were made to match actual AA, artillery, truck, and soldier uniforms.  If you look closely, you’ll notice some custom www.historicalboardgaming.com tac bombers and units from various A&A games: either taken from my other games or purchased from HBG.  If you have a keen eye, you’ll also see a couple lend lease aircraft and that some aircraft show wear and/or weathering.  Not pictured are the I-16 units and 1 Tac purchased from HBG that were also custom painted and were placed on the board.

To view the Russian units:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7d/d1/8a/7dd18a1291c9d4e877437c5a92edc72b.jpg

Sweet, some of these color schemes, I haven’t seen before. Overall, a great job. I need to get back to painting, myself, but can’t start after New Years.

Great picture, once again. :-D

• Thanks again John.  I guess at this point these are only for you :).  You can also click on the images to expand them if you want to see finer detail.  Here are some of the US Europe aircraft waiting to be bought.  Maybe I’ll post some of the others later: my fave is one of those not pictured, which is a checker nose/tailed Corsair.

There are also a couple battleships in the shot.  The greenish battleship is the USS Illinois, which was incomplete at the end of the war.  I copied the official camouflage pattern and used the colors from an award winning larger scale model that someone made of the ship.  The gray was one I painted after the pre-war USS California even though the sculpt is the USS Iowa.  This was before HBG came out with sculpts of the actual Pearl Harbor “Battleship Row” battleships; so maybe someday I’ll paint the actual sculpts and re-paint that one to be an Iowa class battleship.

You’ll notice some pre-war “yellow wing” aircraft that the Navy sported until mid-1941 in order to be able to better spot the planes if they were to crash.  The Pacific side is not pictured, but there are more units (including the US Enterprise and yellow winged aircraft) on that side of the board.

Enough drivel, here’s the shot:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/35/39/d2/3539d23f5a854d530679677a4dae39b3.jpg

iwugrad, don’t worry about other people responding to your work. They will in due time. You got to remember, this time of year, everyone is busy, but you will get more responses, as time goes by.

Right now, Christmas, Star Wars, New Year plans, football and food are probably what are on peoples minds at this point.

Don’t worry, your doing a great job. Keep it up. I love everything your doing.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :-)

John

These are freaking awesome man! Great work. I really like the everything at once approach… visual confusion, but in a good way. Like a cornucopia of A&A colors. Look forward to seeing more.

@iwugrad:

but there are more units (including the US Enterprise and yellow winged aircraft) on that side of the board.

Ah HA! Pictures of Enterprise needed now! Please post!

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Nice work , lots of detail

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m