Offloading in sz containing an enemy sub

• Let’s say I have a single Japanese submarine in sz 44 surrounding Celebes. My opponent wants to move into the sz with his ANZAC transport carrying an infantry and artillery. He doesn’t have any surface warships to come along, can he make an amphibious assault and offload the units while ignoring my sub or does combat occur on sea and can my sub attack the lonely transport?

• No combat occurs; it just cannot unload while the Sub is there.
    It could unload into a friendly territory, despite the presence of an enemy Sub in the SZ, in Non Combat, however.

• '17 '16

@wittmann:

No combat occurs; it just cannot unload while the Sub is there.
    It could unload into a friendly territory, despite the presence of an enemy Sub in the SZ, in Non Combat, however.

Is it possible to load and unload from and to friendly TTs in a contested SZ during NCM?
    An enemy Destroyer has been mobilized but your power have no surface ship except TPs while there is one friendly surface warship in SZ.

• @Baron:

Is it possible to load and unload from and to friendly TTs in a contested SZ during NCM?
    An enemy Destroyer has been mobilized but your power have no surface ship except TPs while there is one friendly surface warship in SZ.

No:
    @rulebook:

A transport can’t load or offload while in a hostile sea zone.

HTH :-)

• '17 '16

Thanks. I was not sure the general rule apply in this specific case.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m