RetroFuhrerMeister's Global 1942 Setup

• @Charles:

Excellent game!  Me and my bros will he playing it a little until Friday. Very nice (particularly the historical Eastern Front) but two things bother me. Russia holds Persia and Iraq. Why? The UK really had them and it is a nice place for UK factory. I understand that it does give Russia a nice boost.
    France. I am all for them but three riggers in England vs one UK fighter?  Really?
    Other than that great game. I feel it is balanced. Thanks a lot! Keep up the good workroom!

The Persian and Iraq territories under Soviet control was to represent allied support to the USSR, also Persia is more within the Soviet sphere of influence than the British one. Iraq easily could of gone either way, look at how the cold war turned out.

The French fighters represent the exiled allied forces in the UK that heavily aided in Britain’s defense during 1940. Particularly the Polish and French pilots (who performed better on average than their British counterparts, not to take away credit from the British), also, the British have technically 6 air units on or around the British isles, so it’s not really a big deal for the numbers sake.

EDIT: The airbases in Gilbert Islands and Solomon are not supposed to be there, I also forgot to put the Japanese control marker in the setup, apologies to you. I also forgot Japan control Aleutian Islands. I made the changes to the chart, again sorry. (The errors were due to myself, when copying over the old setup [which was to save time] and making the necessary changes, that I forgot to remove some stuff, this is also why sometimes you see “1 cruisers” or “2 tank” rather than the grammatically correct terms, again I fixed these just now)

I hope you will enjoy the upcoming 1940 setup and rules.

• Ok thanks! As for the misstakes it is no problem as I am playing Europe only. Can’t wait for 1940!

I RECCOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE! TRY IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Sponsor

Very well thought out, I’ll look at it closer on the weekend.

• Any more updates on the 1940 setup?

• @Charles:

Any more updates on the 1940 setup?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37461.0

It’s the second post. I honestly don’t know, until I have the chance to play it and the rules that go with it with someone, to find out if it’s imbalanced or not, so I can make the necessary changes.

• I’m interested to see what people think of this setup using the balance mod, but with 1942 alterations (Turn order).

• Triple A File is here guys, it should work.

ww2global1942_rfm_edition.xml

• I have been silent all this time but I still play A&A a LOT! Your 1942 is forever one of my favorites. Thanks again for this great contribution!

de Gaulle

• Just finished a game with the Europe only setup. Had to make a few modifications (changed the artillery piece in Paris to a tank and the artillery in Western Germany to a mech; pulled a few subs/tanks from my 1941 game) due to the Germany setup requiring more pieces than the game comes with. Other than that, had an absolute blast, definitely seemed balanced. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m