Found while donating to candidates online…(non-political)...REALLY!

• Anyone recall the sign stealing/defacing shenanigans of 2000 and 2004?
    Heare’s a good one…

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/1258342/posts

What will we see in 2006? 2008?
    I pledge no anti-anything bumperstickers on my car…

Never have: never will.
    The car sells better that way.  :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have to admit, that’s pretty funny!  Even if it wasn’t a political thing, just the irony of someone breaking the law and getting caught by someone else breaking the law, then calling the cops and getting himself arrested….

• THat is funny.
    When my dad was running for politics, he was in the most hotly contested riding in the city (he did lose, but given that no one really thought he could win until election night and that the other side had held it for more than 50 years, and he was the most popular candidate for the losing party for the last 50 years in that district, we were proud of him).  Anyway, people kept stealing/uprooting his signs as well.  When replacing one of them, my mom found a watch - a very nice watch that was later found out to belong to one of the opposition’s campaign team. 
    She had it cleaned and inscribed “To Rick with love from Myrna Driedger” (the woman who beat him and who’s campaign worker was stealing his signs).

That’s pretty good too, CC

• i have a similar (non-sign story)
    some of my friends went out for cabbage nght (mischief night, the night before halloween) one year, while i was at my gf’s house. they were located near our town pool, with some paintball guns, shooting at passing cars. one car, a large pickup passed by, and got shot up by them. the truck proceeded to stop, spin around, and flash his brights where my friends were, and they promptly ducked down to hide. he drove away. lo and behold, the pickup belonged to my gf’s father (a 6’4" linebacker sized man who has a brown belt in REAL karate (that is, not tiger schulmanns, but an actual dojo)), who came back to her house (where we were) told us what had happened, and proceeded to get the family doberman and drive back to the spot where the car had been shot in order to scare the living shit out of the kids (he wasnt mad, but wanted to fuck with them). fortunately for them, my friends had already moved on. i suspected them as soon as i heard what happened to my gf’s father, and had my suspicions confirmed when i asked them the next day (they were busted later that night by the cops for shooting the paintball gun from a moving vehicle.

• @Jennifer:

…the irony of someone breaking the law and getting caught by someone else breaking the law, then calling the cops and getting himself arrested…

Who says “taking your dog for a walk is against the law?”
    Who says “picking up your own yard sign found knocked down in your yard/alley is against the law?”

Who says (if he was wearing gloves) “a drunken idiot cannot lock himself outa his own truck?”

I didn’t see where he got himself arrested anywho?!

@El:

@Jennifer:

…the irony of someone breaking the law and getting caught by someone else breaking the law, then calling the cops and getting himself arrested…

Who says “taking your dog for a walk is against the law?”
    Who says “picking up your own yard sign found knocked down in your yard/alley is against the law?”

Who says (if he was wearing gloves) “a drunken idiot cannot lock himself outa his own truck?”

I didn’t see where he got himself arrested anywho?!

I was talking about the thief, not the proprieter.

• I didn’t know it was illegal to live in one state and have a license plate from another, at least under certain circumstances.  I call BS on that part.  You can buy a car from someone in another state, and have the license plate until it needs to be renewed.

My father had Texas plates for some time while living in Kentucky, which you don’t have taxes and some other things, but it since he was a student, that may be the catch.  Although, the guy in the post doesn’t sound like a student, much less a bright human being…

It’s illegal to have plates from one state if your place of residence is in another state.  Likewise it is illegal to have a DL from one state and live in another.

You must be the legal resident of the state you have your plates and DL from.

• well, there is a window of opportunity where it could be legal- if you move to a new state there is a grace period for you to continue using old plates and DLs until you can get new ones. If it happened in that time period, then it is legal. if it did not, it is illegal, though i dont know that you can be arrested on that charge, its probably a fine.

• @Jermofoot:

I didn’t know it was illegal to live in one state and have a license plate from another, at least under certain circumstances.  I call BS on that part.  You can buy a car from someone in another state, and have the license plate until it needs to be renewed.

Actually no.  I most states you are required by law to transfer the pate within 30 days of your change of residence.  This is usually not strongly enforced, except in states where Property Tax is levied on vehicles.  There they tend to be a bit picky about it since it means cash for the government coffers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m