• Hey, new to the site and to the A&A revised. Played the old version like 3 years ago back in high school and i admit i was addicted. Couldn’t find it untill recently finally ran itno it in a hobby shop. I personally L-o-v-e Germany. They start right in the middle of the fray with a formidible force. I was posting this just to check out the forums and what not and to see who might have had the best Axis victory using the german force.

Mine would have to be the first game i bought that bad boy. My japan counterpart was really bad. almost clueless to the game, the UK, russia and US controled by two of my friends i played with in high school so they had the idea of what was going on. So the game starts and I just start a relentless tank barrage on russia forcing him on his heels. The UK wasn’t supporting russia with transported troops so you think taking him out was rather easy wrong. My japan partner lost his naval fleet and just fortified japan. leaving me out to dry. By this time the US was crushing any transports he would try to put on the board. the UK had a stack of troops on london and I was controling europe + russia. an opening presented itself maybe 3 hours into the game when the US turned a blind eye to eastern US and my battle ships (2) with my transports (4) were in a sea zone within movement range of the US and the UK. they both thought the UK was under an amphibious assault and they openly let me know this so i grabbed my chance and rolled over on the US single handedly winning more than 60% of the game for my side.

• I think we’ve all had a few intro games like the one described more or less against inexperienced players… but the reality is… Germany just “hangs on to the rim” waiting for Japan to bail them out… at least 9.5 out of 10 times against moderate to experienced players.

Germany with a little push can have some fun in Africa but the Russian front is just a battle of attrition.

I only find enjoyment crushing Russia in a round or 2 with Germany if the Allied player is arrogant and overconfident… usually such a player has only played his younger brother or neighbor and believes himself to have the “invincible” strategy… they tend to be poor losers as well… which makes it a bit sweeter imo.

On a side note if you wish to discuss older AA games before the new revised edition… best to talk about it on the older edition forum listed here:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=28.0

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Best game i had with Germany was 3 rounds.

R1: Stack UKR
    R2: Take Caucasus
    R3: Take Moscow

• wow 3 rounds. rpetty sweet. was was your main unit purchases?

R1 8 tanks
    R2 4 Fighters

• Does best mean quick?  Important?  Or Both?

In that case, Allied surrender after G1 to win the Spring Tournament :-D

• :-o :-o :-o :-o how did you manage that. did the US have diarrhea and did Russia have a baby? give me details on the surrender man! don’t leave me in suspense. oh and a minor question. how is play by e-mail? long and tedious and unworth it? or could it be fun?

Yea, what happened?  Russia lost all attacking forces and did no damage, germany countered with 100% success?  What was it, DAAK dice?

• Well… the details ar slightly different…

My G1 open was such that UK panicked on UK1 and tried a doomed attack on Western in UK1, which was thrown back with total destrution of the UK forces (land and air).  Surrender actually came after Allies posted R2.

But the G1 move was the key move, because it had UK do something rash that effectively ended the game on declaration of their combat moves in UK1.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=6889.0

• im a noob and that UK assault was his undoing. How exactly do you play by forums? set up the board in your house and play from the computer and how is the dice rolled? maybe when i get the hang of it me and you can rumble Switch  :evil:

• There are onliune dice programs.  DAAK and Frood are the most popular here.  But AAMC and Flames of Europe are also options.

Check the top of these threads for “Revised Diceys”

As for using a board.  You can do that (which is what I do), and there are also 2 programs you can use for PC based game boards.  ABattlemap is the most popular, and I think you can also use TripleA as a mapping program (which you can also use for direct play gaming)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5125.0

• Wow….I think he left cuz of family reasons (he did mention having a really bad weekend).

I guess that doing himself in with a bad move by UK just happened to break him.

He should’ve taken a long breather if it was bothering him that badly.

• Considering I surrender after 15 rounds (could have stretched it to 20 before my income really started to fall) in the re-match, I would have to agree.

• Can anyone post a link here showing a Germany game they’ve played where they’ve won.  I’m on a nice big losing streak, so i’m curious to see how other players play Germany?

• 2007 AAR League

Here you go  ;)  (well the game just started but i intend to win against Sankt this time…)

Check out Sankt(allies) vs Nix(Axis) in game section we play with the tripleA standard bid of 9 IPC.

(can allso follow Sankt (axis) vs Nix(allies) )

the game is going a bit slower then usuall becuse of me.  But i guess you will get some ideas from it…

• @ncscswitch:

There are onliune dice programs.  DAAK and Frood are the most popular here.  But AAMC and Flames of Europe are also options.

Check the top of these threads for “Revised Diceys”

As for using a board.  You can do that (which is what I do), and there are also 2 programs you can use for PC based game boards.  ABattlemap is the most popular, and I think you can also use TripleA as a mapping program (which you can also use for direct play gaming)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=5125.0

wow i checked our some sites and they’re confusing. I don’t know where to go to check so downloads or what exactly I am looking for :P net play seems more complicated than I thought.

• @General_D.Fox:

Can anyone post a link here showing a Germany game they’ve played where they’ve won.  I’m on a nice big losing streak, so i’m curious to see how other players play Germany?

Almost any of mine that are posted here where I play the Axis you are likely to see a winning Germany :-)

• @ncscswitch:

@General_D.Fox:

Can anyone post a link here showing a Germany game they’ve played where they’ve won.  I’m on a nice big losing streak, so i’m curious to see how other players play Germany?

Almost any of mine that are posted here where I play the Axis you are likely to see a winning Germany :-)

germanys your specialty?

• Actually, I consider Japan to be my best nation, USA to be my worst.

@ncscswitch:

Actually, I consider Japan to be my best nation, USA to be my worst.

USA’s my best, Russia’s my worst.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m